Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Director / Director, Global Program Leader in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Director / Director, Global Program Leader working on the Oncology Therapeutic Area Unit team, you will be empowered to lead global program teams and set the project/program strategies, goals and priorities, and a typical day will include: OBJECTIVES:
The Global Program Leader is fully-dedicated and responsible for an overarching Global Program and leads all development and LCM projects associated with an asset from discovery to the marketplace. The GPL leads one or more Global Project teams (GPT). The GPT and subteams are staffed by functional leaders from across Research, Development and Commercial divisions, and the GPL is responsible for providing cross-functional matrix leadership of this team to achieve high levels of performance and improve the overall performance of the overall Takeda global program portfolio. The GPL is the primary interface for the GPT with Takeda senior leadership and governance, and with external partners. Working with the team, the GPL is accountable for creating and refining the asset strategy and overseeing the development and execution of an implementation plan to ensure all project deliverables meet defined scope, budget and timelines. Program activities include planning towards milestones, defining clear go/no go decision points, creating buy-up/buy-down scenario plans, managing critical path activities, proactively identifying issues, resolving conflicts and communicating project-related issues to senior executive management. The GPL establishes long-range plans and goals for global programs to achieve the TA Strategy and provides leadership and vision for the global regulatory submissions and approvals to achieve successful commercialization and maximize value for new products. ACCOUNTABILITIES: Strategic Planning and Execution
- Leads the Global Program in setting project/product strategies, goals, priorities and long-term plans and schedules. Aligns cross-functional, cross-divisional project goals with Takeda business needs and strategies.
- Provides strategic, process, and operational leadership to the GPT and Takeda functions in the successful delivery of projects from discovery to commercialization. Projects at this level will be of medium complexity and moderate project risk in disease areas with defined regulatory paths across all phases of development.
- Links Division sub-teams, such as the Clinical Subteam, Global Marketing Team, Global CMC team, etc. to the GPT through Divisional leaders/project management functions to align activities and ensure transparency of all project/product-related activity
- Supports TA Leaders and Sub-leaders to set the vision and direction for the Therapeutic Area and prioritizes all aspects of projects within a global program.
- Reports on progress of projects, issues/plans, and critical path schedules to TA Unit and Takeda executive management through internal or external reviews of global programs or projects.
- Visibly advocates and supports key business initiatives: Evaluates new opportunities (i.e.: in-licensing candidates, impact of change in market conditions or availability of new project data) and provides overall support for feasibility studies on potential global programs.
Resource and Issue Management Change Management
- Responsible for project operating budgets within the global program; monitor and control expenditures; manages variance between budgeted and actual expenditures of time, dollars, and personnel while meeting overall Takeda financial objectives.
Matrix Team Management
- Proactively responds to the dynamics of a changing marketplace; directs adjustments in functional or cross-divisional plans in response to changes in strategic direction.
- Contributes to the creation and maintenance of systems/databases for the purpose of tracking key performance indicators (KPIs), trending, learning, and improving decisions regarding program performance and continuance.
Qualifications: EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS: Required:
- Provides matrix management, strategic and tactical leadership to GPT members who are responsible for leading the key deliverables or Divisional sub-teams within individual projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree science or business-related field
- Minimum of 12 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with working knowledge of research and development or commercial operations
- Minimum 8 years experience with increasingly complex pharmaceutical projects in a multi-disciplinary, global environment including strategy development and execution
- Minimum of 5 years matrix team management in a global environment
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced degree in science or business is desired
- Broad business orientation is highly preferred
- Managed multiple NME global approvals
- Experience with project leadership and management systems and methodology to support consistency across multiple projects
- Multi-faceted background with direct involvement or experience working with functions from multiple divisions: Research, Development, CMCC, Commercial/Marketing, Global Licensing and Business Development (GLBD)
- Must have an understanding and experience with worldwide Regulatory submissions and approval processes as well as global launch and commercialization requirements
- Expert knowledge in the overall pharmaceutical drug development process, from discovery through post-marketing
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus and drive resolution of issues while maintaining positive working relationships across functions; negotiation and strong persuasive abilities
- Strong written and verbal Communication Skills: ability to express oneself clearly and concisely to external partners, vendors or with others within the team; ability to message key issues appropriately and document issues and/or concerns concisely and comprehensively; ability to adjust language and/or terminology appropriate for the audience; Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate/present key information to senior management
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills: ability to identify the critical issues of problems or opportunities using appropriate information; determines the causes and possible solutions to the problem
- Strategic Implementation: ability to develop, implement and monitor the overall project strategy at Takeda and integrate this strategy with global corporate goals
- Leadership Skills: develops and uses knowledge and interpersonal skills to influence and guide others towards the accomplishment of Takeda’s goals and objectives. Requires the flexibility and tolerance to best manage change and differing opinions with diplomacy and competence
- Ability to drive decision-making within a cross-functional, cross-divisional and cross-cultural, global team structure and requires global mindset and cultural awareness in working with senior leadership in other regions and in managing cross-regional projects
- Knowledgeable in the processes for managing and developing personnel in a cross-functional, matrix-team, global environment with a proven track record
- Knowledgeable in budget and finance processes appropriate to the pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to adapt to other personalities in a respectful manner that is conducive to goal achievement
- Ability to capture knowledge within the cross-functional, cross-divisional global organization; improve solutions, processes, and deliverables through use of information; improve information capital by contributing experience, theories, deliverables, and models for others to use
- Management of multiple tasks of varied complexity simultaneously
- Ability to work in a stressful and demanding environment with aggressive project timelines
- Project Management Professional certification from PMI desired
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
- Requires approximately 20-25% travel.
Empowering Our People to Shine
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com
. Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.