Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The Visa Corporate IT group has embarked on a major transformation journey. We will not follow the 'traditional' IT playbook of simply purchasing off the shelf solutions and stitching them together. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience first, create highly leveraged (and loved) platforms with a heavy emphasis on operational excellence such as ensuring our platforms and services are unbreakable. Where we choose to continue with packaged software we will invent our way around their limitations such as poor UI or scale.
The Revenue and Pricing Systems (RPS) team owns the technology that prices, bills and collects revenue from Visa's clients on a global basis. While we leverage packaged products such as Oracle ORMB we are looking for a builder (software engineering skill set) and an inventor, not just an integrator. The team is working on a major re-platforming effort aimed at increasing scale, enabling self-service and increasing the velocity of innovation.
As a Senior Director, reporting to the VP, Revenue and Pricing Systems, this position will oversee engineering development for the Incentives RPS platform. You will work with various executives across the enterprise to coordinate RPS solutions to meet challenges of technology, regulatory, security, and competitive conditions. Key Responsibilities
- Own end-to-end platform development and operations responsibility (team and technology) for the Incentives platform
- Lead the requirements, design, development, implementation, operations and support for your platform
- Ensure "operational excellence" capabilities (usability, availability, resilience, security, etc.) are built into the platform from the start
- Ensure platform meets security compliance criteria at all times
- Ensure DevOps team follows best practice design patterns, coding standards, test automation, build/deployment, etc.
- Identify and implement opportunities in the platform that will drive improvements in performance, scalability, reliability and re-usability. Continue to drive down technical debt and cost of operations/support
- Hire, train, coach and grow a high-performing, cross-functional team
- 12+ years of relevant experience (e.g., software development/engineering delivery, development and package implementation, delivery and design, running multi-functional teams, etc.)
- 2+ years managing a technical development team. Experience managing remote resources (internal and vendors) is a plus
- 5+ years as a hands-on software engineer building web based systems and services using open source and Java based technologies
- Experience building high volume and large scale distributed systems is a must (think of the size and scale of the work Visa does). Billing and/or Payments systems experience is a strong plus
- Familiarity with agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development lifecycle principles
- Although not required, any experience with the following technologies/platforms is helpful: Oracle technologies (such as ORMB, EBS or Fusion), Hadoop/Drools, SQL, Unix, Talend, Analytics, Security, Performance Scalability, API management, Messaging, Java, J2EE, RDMS and noSQL systems
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or Technical field required
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.