Senior Director, Software Engineering
Capital One is seeking a Sr. Director of Software Engineering to lead Commerce and Payments engineering organization. The leader attracts awesome talent, motivates/mentors and builds a software engineering team focused on delivering game changing client experiences for our Small Business customers. You will be responsible for building and articulating the technology strategy, in partnership with product, design, and business operations. You have a proven track record in imagining, designing, coding and operating next generation highly scalable, highly reliable solutions. As the technical leader for a growing team of developers coding in agile teams, you’ll understand and translate business needs into premiere technology solutions to meet clients’ needs through software, while influencing technology decisions across the organization. This is an exciting opportunity to transform culture in a business ready to disrupt the industry, and excited about how cutting edge technology can enable them to scale new heights. Digital is our new ecosystem, and the opportunity to apply these capabilities within the Retail Bank is tremendous.
In this role, you will need the ability to attract and recruit the industry’s best talent, and simultaneously have the technical foundation to ensure that we build compelling, client oriented solutions in an iterative methodology. Bring an innovative mind, a proven track record of delivering new client-facing software products, rigorous analytical skills, and a passion for leading teams to create market-leading software for savvy business clients and you are our fit. You’ll also need to exhibit in-depth product knowledge, and be passionate about people, teams, product, and culture. You must also have experience with multiple technical stacks, and leading change to arrive at a unified platform.
- Manage a broad portfolio of diverse technology projects to provide web, mobile, wearables, API integrated solutions
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best engineering talent
- Manage technology teams to develop business applications, and ensure business applications have high availability and performance
- Experience building B2C, B2B applications that empower clients to succeed
- Have extensive experience in rapid prototyping and interface design testing in online and mobile commerce/payments
- Have passion for any, all or some of the following technologies: Java, Ruby, Python, Scala, AngularJS
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or military experience
- At least 10 years of experience in Software Engineering
- At least 5 years of senior leadership experience, building and managing development teams that design and deliver large distributed systems
- At least 8 years of experience with leading edge technologies in ecommerce and payments
- At least 8 years of experience in developing web/mobile applications
- Master’s degree or MBA
- 5+ years of experience working within digitally savvy companies
- 5+ years of experience working with client facing web applications
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.