Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #127 on the Fortune 500, Capital One is one of the nation’s top 10 banks and has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
Senior Director of Software Engineering
We’re super excited to be growing and hiring software engineers across the country to transform our applications and enable highly interactive, real time data driven customer products and services.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineering Leader to drive the transformation of our Marketing and Decisioning infrastructure supporting the Card business at Capital One.This is an exciting opportunity to join a team supporting some of our most important and critical customer interactions.These customer interactions support the origination of new customers for card products as well as the offers and products we provide to existing card holders.The responsibilities of the leadership role are full stack, from the user experience through the decisioning processes and into product fulfillments.
This leadership role requires the ability to “lead leaders," driving agile, engineering and cultural transformation while developing a staff of highly talented engineers.The leadership role also requires the ability to define, influence, communicate and drive a multi-year technology strategy for some of Capital One’s most important customer and business processes.The ideal candidate has the ability to work hand in hand with product teams to drive iterative technology innovation through open source products in a public cloud environment.A broad spectrum of experience is preferred, from running technology operations to leveraging fast data and machine learning solutions.
-Lead leaders of software engineering teams in an Agile environment leveraging advanced engineering practices to deliver national scale solutions for the US Card Business
- Define, influence, communicate and drive a multi-year technology strategy
- Manage a portfolio of diverse technology projects that transform customer interactions with card products
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best application engineering talent
- Develop business applications that maintain the highest availability and performance
- Knowledge, passion for and ability to lead software engineers developing in:Java, Spring, Big Data/Fast Data Technologies such as Spark, User Interface Technologies such as Angular and React and DevOps Automation, Integration, Build and Deployment Tools
- Leverage strong engineering and technology background to go deep in technology
- Establish technical credibility across their internal teams and the external engineering community
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience in Fast Data and Big Data Technologies
- At least 2 years of experience in Cloud Computing
- At least 3 years of experience designing and implementing Microservices based architecture
- At least 7 years' experience leading software engineering teams in an Agile environment
- At least 7 years of experience with object-oriented programming and design, including Java
- At least 7 years of experience in developing web applications, architectural standards and SOA technologies
- Master's Degree
- 2+ years of experience in Fast Data and Big Data Technologies
- 3+ years of experience leveraging advanced engineering practices
- 7+ years of experience leading large scale, iterative, multi-year technology transformations
- 10+ years of experience building consumer-facing software solutions at scale
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.