The Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain organization is currently hiring for a Senior Director, Strategic Portfolio Management to be located preferably in Bridgewater, NJ, but can also be located at any Johnson & Johnson site in North America or EMEA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 119,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
The Senior Director is the Directly Responsible Individual responsible to lead and own the portfolio management office and processes for strategic, end-to-end and cross-sector programs across the global supply chain. The leader is to create and sustain a best practice Portfolio Management Office in support of the Vice President of J&J Supply Chain and his/her Supply Chain Leadership Team, the Strategy and Deployment organization, and the broader supply chain affected by strategic, multi-sector, cross-functional projects (Segment and Functions), including leading and owning the development, deployment and management of business processes (governance) for portfolio and program management and prioritization. The Senior Director will also be responsible for providing thought leadership and standards for the broader supply chain PMO community of practice. She/he will ensure transparency, alignment and clear communication of strategic programs and their resource impacts across the supply chain. In addition, they will work in close partnership with the Strategy and Performance Management leaders in ensuring seamless ties between strategic priorities, portfolio/program management and performance management and reporting. He/she will create regular communication mechanisms and means on program/portfolio progress to goals and challenges, and any lead prioritization discussions on adjustments needed.
• Lead the Strategic Portfolio Management (SPM) Council/Community of Practice (CoP) to develop standards and best practices for portfolio management in JJSC, creating a Center of Excellence
• Lead SPM council/CoP, consisting of S&D Segment PMO leaders to set goals & objectives, drive engagement and alignment across the J&J Supply Chain and ensure effective execution of key/strategic programs
• Develop and Deploy governance model and process for PMO capabilities in JJSC, including ownership and governance of the supporting architectures, including systems platforms
• Set short term and long term strategy for and oversee development and implementation of JJSC program portfolio management processes, standards and systems
• Owns and develops the process to prioritize and trade off the key project portfolio decisions in support of the J&J Supply Chain Leadership Team and collective, global Supply Chain
• Lead the development and management of the portfolio of supply chain projects that are key to achieving JJSC strategic priorities, including driving step-function and transformational improvements in end-to-end processes, quality, growth, delivery and cost improvement.
• Develop the integrated roadmap for JJSC top projects, facilitate ongoing review with Segment PMO leaders, Strategy & Deployment senior leaders and the JJSC Leadership Team
• Strategic Portfolio Management Council/Community of Practice - Leader
• Enterprise and Segment S&D Leadership
• E2E Global Process LeadersQualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required
• An advanced scientific degree (MS) or MBA is preferred
• A minimum 10 years’ experience in a complex supply chain environment, including in multiple of the following functional areas: production, planning, supply chain, and quality is required
• The ability to present & facilitate prioritization discussions with the JJSC Leadership Team, S&D and Segment senior leadership is required
• Articulating a vision, engaging and mobilizing employees around that vision, and delivering superior values is required
• Leading people through organizational uncertainty or key change initiatives such as merger, acquisition, divesture, or restructuring is required
• High tolerance for ambiguity in a complex environment, makes the complex clear and easily understood by others, and ability to influence cross functionally is required
• Strong analytical and strategic skills with a Bifocal approach, ability to zoom-in/zoom-out for strategic, tactical, high-level and detailed issues is required
• Attracting and developing superior talent and motivating them in often challenging circumstances is required
• Strong expertise on project portfolio management is preferred
• Advanced understanding of end-to-end supply chain, and a customer focus is preferred
• Strong international / global experience is preferred
• Driving long term, profitable and sustainable growth in multiple functions, businesses, segments and markets is preferred
• Travel is required for this role in a range of up to 25%-50% based on location. Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOther Locations
North America, Europe/Middle East/AfricaOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function
Operations (Generalist)Requisition ID