Digital Human Resources
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Senior Director Talent Acquisition, Business Digital
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
San Ramon, Chicago, Seattle
The Senior Director of Talent Acquisition will be responsible for the horizontal global TA strategy design and execution of the global hiring planned by GE's Digital Businesses to support its' talent transformation and scaling of digital talent. The role will be responsible for developing and leading hiring strategies to meet overall Digital talent acquisition goals.
* Define and drive the Talent Acquisition strategy for all hiring activity across the businesses and geographies
* Drive "extreme recruiting" (XR) methodology based on the recruiting scrum model
* Partner with business digital leaders/ CDOs and finance/Biz/HR to align on methodologies and accuracy of Talent Demand Planning (TDP) and headcount mgmt
* Look around the corners and deliver results in the uncertain world
* Translate TDP numbers to build Recruiting Scrum Teams (RSTs) that are adequately staffed, trained and managed to deliver TDP numbers
* In line with TA Ops. drive TDP and capacity planning; optimize the team to deliver against full hiring demand whilst ensuring productivity targets are being met
* Monitor headcount execution plan and own headcount forecasting ensuring billing and ops. plan liquidation
* Implement short term TA directives coming from the businesses to support internal movement of resources
* Drive operational excellence/compliance
Support Capability based assessments and drive full functionality adoption for tools and systems, improving efficiencies through TA Ops. Model implementation and adoption of standard roles (social media, AS), processes, metrics etc.
* Use Project Management and design effective hiring processes/staffing plans to meet changing business needs
* Successfully represent TA with Business and IT Leaders at the HQ, participate in all hands meetings and drive TA G&Os
* Vendor/RPO/CWManagement (where applicable):
* Ensure monitoring of staffing/RPO vendors performance against Key Performance Indicator's (KPI's) on a monthly basis.
* Hold weekly and monthly team meetings as well as regular 1:1s with recruiters, consistently engage with HR and clients for business continuity and planning
* Ensure collaboration & involvement across the globe with Digital and other CoE Teams.
Lead and participate in Leadership Team meetings/offsites, Leader calls. Sharing of best practices with others.
Enhancing Recruiting Capabilities:
* Providing leadership and mentoring to recruiting teams
* Ensure performance management of teams including: IDP, Performance Development, career development, goals development & execution.
* Sustain recruiting community activities and drive for ONE TA experience including knowledge sharing, problem solving, community etc.
* Work with Sourcing team and Leaders to ensure successful differentiated hiring is achieved with improved client and candidate experience
* Work with hiring managers and leaders to problem solve. Establish and maintain readiness and accountability to partner and hire
* Partner with HR, O&TD and Client Leaders for critical talent and succession planning (both internal and external candidates)
Focus on Quality of Hire:
* Drive use of MyITM capability assessments and talent mapping exercises to hire best talent
* Drive sourcing matrix strategies of various sourcing channels that yield talent results
* Own getting the right people, skills into the right roles. This should include strategic understanding, planning and coaching for the manager on what they need i.e. scoping the hiring
* Drive college/leadership hiring execution plan partnering with University Recruiting Team/Leadership programs for consistent approach
* Support Executive hiring partnering with the Executive Recruiters as needed
* Quantify the Diversity hiring opportunity and develop a Diversity hiring plan.
* Drive industry recruiting events building on Digital GE brand and talent pipelines
* Build external Digital brand awareness
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or any other field, or additional 4 years of work experience
* At least 8 years related experience in Talent Acquisition/Staffing or Human Resources
* At least 5 years' experience managing and leading large recruiting teams
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
* Strategic Thinking and Leadership - Capable of creating and achieving a desired future state (vision) through influence on company values, individual and group goals, execution of plans, value reinforcements, and systems.
* Impact - "executive presence" and be able to immediately establish credibility within the organization and with customers and partners.
* Teamwork/Collaboration - Working effectively with both direct and indirect (those outside the formal line of authority) organizations to accomplish company goals; taking actions that respect the needs and contributions of others; contributing to and accepting the team's decisions; subordinating personal objectives to the objectives of the company or team.
* Organizational Awareness - Having and using knowledge of systems, situations, pressures and culture within the company to identify potential organizational problems and opportunities; perceiving the impact and the implications of decisions on other components of the company as well as the impact on clients and suppliers. Being able to work closely with functional support organizations to effectively achieve goals.
* Communication - Presenting ideas effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to motivate and inspire both direct and indirect organizations through effectively articulating the opportunities and challenges throughout the organization.
* Technology Awareness - Maintaining an open mind to the possibilities created by new technology advancements. Accepting responsibility for staying abreast of technology waves and resultant business implications.
* Other - Experience with Data Governance/Reporting Analytics, OFCCP, Immigration, Background Check, Experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, PPT, Visio). Domestic and international travel required - typically 25%
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.