Johnson & Johnson’s Global Tax Group is currently recruiting for a Senior Director, Tax Technology located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70.1 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
He/she will work closely with the IT and finance groups as well as the internal tax department stakeholders to define the overall technology strategy for the global tax department as well as coordinating the execution the tax technology roadmap. He/she will partner with the VP, Finance business architecture and the IT leads to ensure the integration of the tax strategic roadmap within the broader finance solution suite as well as participate, from a governance perspective, in the Enterprise IT investment portfolio process.
One focus area will be working with IT and finance groups to efficiently access the tax relevant legal entity financial data from legacy as well as future ERP systems. In addition he/she will be responsible to maintain legacy tax technology applications as well as implement new best-in-class applications to support the global tax group in their compliance, reporting, planning and documentation requirements. The Senior Director of Tax Technology will lead the Tax Technology steering committee and develop strong relationships across JnJ’s finance, tax, SOX and IT groups to influence IT capability, improve tax processes and prioritize tax technology investments.
He/she will manage a team of global tax technology specialists that will be responsible for executing the tax technology roadmap and maintaining the legacy tax applications. He/she will report to the Vice President, Global Tax Operations.
• Develop and oversee global governance model for all tax technology initiatives and lead the Tax Technology Steering Committee to align on project prioritization
• Manage a team of tax process specialist
• Develop and manage strong stakeholder relationships to align on tax operations strategy and execution
• Work with tax leadership in developing and achieving a multi-year tax technology plan that improves core functionality, including securing and managing the tax technology budget.
• Provides business project management for tax technology projects.
• Provide guidance to enterprise IT initiatives to ensure compliance with tax/legal entity requirements, including support of the enterprise Back to Basics project which is the deployment of a standardized SAP template across JnJ, by overseeing the roll out of standard global tax data requirements and local data requirements
• Proactively identify and facilitate determination of necessary process and technology modifications resulting from acquisitions, significant transactions, tax law changes, etc.
• Maintain an in-depth understanding of the information technology environment, including tax software, ERP platforms, hardware, application development and related internal control practices to ensure compliance with Information Management (IM) related policies and procedures.
• Coordinate with external vendors and IT for installation, maintenance and upgrading of software and hardware components that comprise the tax technology environment.
• Establish relationships with key internal and external groups, including Tax, Accounting, Internal Audit, IT and external tax software vendorsQualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Finance, Business, Information Technology and/or related discipline is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 15 years of finance or tax experience is required.
• A minimum of 5 years of your total work experience should be in a Tax Technology function at a multinational company.
• Tax experience with a multinational company focusing on Tax compliance and reporting processes is required.
• Familiarity with application design and development, database configuration, systems analysis, and related internal controls (change management, security, etc.) is preferred.
• OneSource experience is preferred
• Prior experience in managing people and their professional skills development; hiring, development and managing attrition is a requirement.
• Experience collaborating with IT on multi-year roadmaps, developing specific solutions, and projects is a requirement.
• Operations Excellence: experience establishing and implementing scorecards, programs, tools and processes to execute initiatives is a preference.
• Strong problem-solving ability is required.
• Organizational Agility: navigate complex organizations and ability to influence with matrix environment is required.
• Strong communication skills to effectively align stakeholders across organizational boundaries are required.
• Strong executive presence and presentation skills are required.
• The position will be based in New Brunswick, NJ and may require domestic and/or international travel up to 15% of the time.Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.