Are you interesting in working on one of the most exciting domain and fast growing space? The payment industry, in parallel with technology in general, is experiencing a period of rapid, disruptive innovation. At the same time, mobile connectivity is growing rapidly and, with it, comes the opportunity to extend
financial products to the 2.5 billion people around the world who are financially excluded.
Visa is committed to fuelling innovation in this space along with our partners. To this end, Visa is committed to open up the majority of existing APIs to our current clients and partners as well as the broader developer community.
Visa Developer Platform (VDP) is a strategic initiative with an ambitious objective to consolidate multiple partner and developer facing assets across Visa into a common platform in order to simplify partner connectivity, decrease integration costs, and accelerate the pace of collaboration and innovation across payments ecosystem. Job Description
A TPM is a leader of strategy, planning, and execution/delivery. The VDP team is looking for TPM leader who is passionate about building scalable, secure and highly reliable, mission-critical software
in a fast-paced agile environment. As TPM, you will help build a state of the art developer platform, design next generation of Visa APIs, and help build infrastructure to make partners/developers worldwide successful using Visa payment network. The position is based out of Foster City.
Additionally, you'll also be defining and evangelizing the API-first philosophy for all development teams
at Visa. This includes engaging in technical and functional discussions with many teams and continuous engagement with product managers and customers across a range of Visa's new and existing products.
Successful candidates will be highly adaptable, possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and able to effectively manage multiple work streams. The ideal candidate for this position will have
more than 15 years of technical product management experience with an ability to think tactically as well as strategically. The person should be able to lead cross functional teams in a highly matrixed environment. A background working in a high transaction online payment environment, developer portals/services, or APIs is highly desirable. Payment is a deep domain- the candidate should be
a fast learner and able to pick up new domain quickly. Accountabilities - General:
- Technical product management functions including functional specs, roadmap, project management, issue/risk management, and cross-division coordination.
- Extensive cross-organization collaboration playing a crucial role in interfacing with various technology teams and business stakeholders to identify requirements, converting them to
functional specs, prioritizing, and driving execution using agile methodologies.
- Be the customer seat in the engineering team- deep passion for satisfying customer needs and influencing design and priority appropriately.
- Partner with Product Management to define Visa's overall web services/API strategy. Own the roadmap working with the product and engineering teams.
- Work closely with the engineers and contribute to the development of design artifacts and Quality Assurance test plans
- Plan and conduct User Acceptance Testing with key stakeholders, Bug bashes, and Hackathons
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure on-time/quality delivery
- Define and evangelize API frameworks, best practices for API design and development practices across all Visa teams
- 15 or more years of relevant experience in technical product management
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Proven managerial skill with leading teams across geographies
- Fluent in discussions about API design, SDKs, and developer tools.
- Reputation for being a collaborative thought partner and business leader, with ability to organize and motivate work across multiple team boundaries
- Proven track record of shipping product in time.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate large scale planning, development and user acceptance testing efforts
- Excellent communication skills at all organizational levels.
- Experience in working with agile lifecycle and/or tracking and process management tools, e.g. Rally, JIRA
- Educational background in Computer Science/Engineering. MBA is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.