Job Number: 163958
This newly created position within Global Treasury Settlement provides leadership to a dedicated team who perform critical settlement funds transfer responsibilities that ensure global financial settlement between Visa Inc. and its Clients and partner networks is performed Monday-Friday including US holidays. Settlement funds transfer is a critical functional step in the delivery of Visa's products and services across the world. The team's mission is to ensure the accurate and timely movement of funds for more than four thousand settlement funds transfers a day in 23 currencies, for a total of circa $5 trillion a year. This role requires a deeply organized, hands on individual from a high value/high volume global payments environment with significant banking, payments, technology and compliance experience. This role is intended to be based in Highlands Ranch, Colorado yet Foster City, California may be an option.
- You are passionate and dedicated to your role and the well-being of your team; working hard but also creating opportunities for fun and laughter- work hard, play hard
- You lead by example by performing operational functions alongside your team and also provide holiday coverage from time to time
- You thrive in a fast paced environment and can lead, perform and communicate with all levels calmly when under pressure in times of crisis
- You are passionate about controls & business continuity- staffing and technical redundancy
- You can balance between day to day functional oversight while at the same time leading and/or providing subject matter expertise on multiple strategic initiatives and rapidly adapting to changing priorities
- You utilize your deep subject matter expertise in international and correspondent banking, global currency controls, compliance, US Federal Reserve and SWIFT payment messaging and standards to add value to business issues whilst increasing operational efficiency
- You utilize past experience with non-USD local clearing conventions in G20 currencies
- You possess knowledge of and engage in the latest payment industry topics such as Faster Payments, Blockchain and Global Payment Initiatives
- You can drive the establishment of new systems, processes and educational tools aimed at enabling teams to prioritize and service a number of global stakeholders in an increasing consultative capacity
- You thrive leading complex problems where you can build relationships across stakeholders (e.g. global banking partners, Information Technology areas, Credit Settlement Risk, Legal/Compliance, Product, Sales and Client Services)
- Overall leadership and escalation point for execution of funds transfers for Visa, DPS and other settlement services, including foreign exchange settlement, special handling for exceptions, difficult currencies, straight through processing improvements and new service implementations
- Lead Business Impact Analysis, Business Continuity and Crisis Management activities and documentation
- Influence and drive operational transformation and re-engineering efforts across systems
- Effectively collaborate with peers and leaders across functions and departments (i.e. within Treasury, Compliance, Risk Management, Internal Audit, Legal, etc.) to maximize risk coverage and minimize duplication within Visa
- Deliver analysis, reporting and recommendations for strategic decisions on complex problem resolution, process or system changes on issues affecting settlement funds transfers to various management stakeholders
Scope, Decision Making, Strategic Nature
- Position is high profile/high impact position with plenty of opportunity for exposure to senior management teams
- Represent Treasury on Global Crisis and Incident Management topics impacting settlement funds transfers
- Develop and influence Treasury Settlement vision, mission, strategies and annual goals
- Influence product and technology strategy and direction and product and user experience as needed within the context of the Treasury Settlement organization
- Design, document including narratives and flow charts and identify areas of process and control efficiency and gaps for the processes assigned. Bring innovative ideas to the table
- Ability to make decisions based on available data analysis and consultations, considering short and long-term strategic goals
- Ability to develop content independently and prioritize work flow with limited supervision, often under significant time constraints and with multiple competing priorities and demands
- Manage, lead, execute and be accountable for complex business and systems projects independently from end-to-end (ideas creation through to implementation) across cross-functional teams; specific emphasis on IT understanding of requirements, sign off on detail design, through UAT, detailed implementation success
- Demonstrated ability to create complete, concise business and technical level requirements including experience with use cases, report and screen mock-ups, and cross-functional requirements
- Perform business ownership and Information Steward duties and attestations for various funds transfer systems
- Represent Global Treasury Settlement Funds Transfer area for all audits (e.g. internal, external, SOX, SSA16 etc.)
- 15-20 years' global payments/settlement experience, quantitative/analytical, international or correspondent banking relationship management, strategic outlook, operational delivery, system and process/engineering change
- Bachelors/MBA or equivalent experience
- Intermediate skills in Outlook, Excel, MS Word, Visio, PowerPoint
- Excellent leadership and proven line and project management abilities
- Works well in team environments, enjoys obtaining results through others and demonstrates sound negotiation and problem solving skills
- Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages in written and verbal communications
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.