Company Description Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49
of the San Francisco Police Code." Job Description Overview:
Visa's Digital products are focused on building additional flexibility into our existing platform architecture to more quickly launch into the market new, innovative offerings that create tremendous value for payments aggregators (e.g. Financial Institutions, Merchants, Processors, and Emerging Payments Providers) and delight end consumer users. To effect this transformation, we are looking for digital savvy product development leaders who are passionate about innovating and delivering truly differentiated user experiences. They will be responsible for aggressively expanding Visa's product portfolios by delivering new offerings that will be integrated into existing core product platforms. These leaders will work with clients and internal experts to identify and prioritize products to develop, ensure the build is successful, execute the launch and/or drive the commercialization of existing products to realize our product vision.
Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers etc.) to facilitate funds transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts in the U.S. and around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). In the US, Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person to person (P2P) transfers, person to micro-business transfers (e.g. payments to landscaper), and funds disbursements (e.g. insurance claim disbursements). Currently, the combined P2P and funds disbursement market in the U.S. is estimated to be a $1-9T opportunity.
The Visa Direct Product Standards, Operations and Risk Policy team is looking for experienced leaders who have demonstrated success in evaluating challenges and identifying clear and timely paths to resolution. The Visa Direct Operations and Risk Policy Senior Director will work with clients and internal stakeholders to ensure adoption, utilization, and commercialization of Visa Direct payment services. Candidates will have demonstrated the ability to work in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines. Responsibilities:
- Application of Visa's global anti-money laundering (AML) controls for Visa Direct payments
- Establish and maintain global AFT and OCT transaction limits to mitigate fraud and risk and modify as markets and business evolves.
- Establish and maintain global risk management tools and best practices for Visa Direct.
- Ensure originator and issuer compliance with requirements for processing Account Funding Transactions (AFT) and Original Credit Transactions (OCT) including ensuring strong AFT and OCT approval rates.
- Monitor regulatory activity for impacts to Visa Direct and respond accordingly to proposed regulations.
- Build and maintain global product, brand and network standards and guidelines to support Visa Direct programs.
- Maintaining and developing global rules, guidelines, tools, and best practices for clients and partners during commercialization as well as to support usage going forward.
- Ensure that Visa Direct standards are clearly and accurately communicated to internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal functional teams to gain approval and implement new and enhanced Visa Direct payment use cases.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in technology or payment services product management, solution development and/or development or process consulting environment wtih a specific focus risk management and policy focus.
- Bachelor's degree
- Must have a background in risk management policy including understanding of fraud and money laundering risks and mitigation strategies
- Demonstrated abilty to build concensus and gain agreements with cross functional teams to drive business objectives
- Self-motivated, results driven, with the ability to quickly establish clear, well thought out action plans and drive deliverables to completion under tight deadlines
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on clients
- Strong data analytic skills and the ability to take prompt, decisive action after analyzing relevant information gathered from multiple sources
- Ability to identify and reconcile cross-system impacts and dependencies, to decompose high-level information into details and vice versa, and to derive general understanding from low-level details
- Ability to work independently or as part of a cross functional team.
- Possess strong leadership and collaboration skills to build relationships and lead teams to deliver on critical product support and development
- Confidence to drive decision making and act on the results
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results
- Experience developing process management and identifying ways to improve speed and performance
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation for both business nd technical audiences.
- Active listening skills required.
- Comfortable working with and understanding new technology
- Excellent time management and organization skills, discipline to focus on details , and able to deal effectively with ambiguity and work with a vast array of information in a rapidly changing
- Financial/payment industry knowledge in one or more of the following areas, digital, push
payments, P2P, B2C and/or B2B offerings required
- Passionate about what you do, and fired up about the opportunity to transform payments
- Exceptional personal accountability and the highest of ethical standards
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.