Senior Director, Windows Developer Marketing
Location: Redmond, Washington
Posted: February 27, 2018
Reference ID: 1070455
The Windows Marketing Team is looking for an experienced and technically skilled leader of Developer Marketing to develop, coordinate and deliver the Developer Strategy, Marketing Strategy, Education and Engagement tactics and Investments for the Windows Ecosystem, globally – across Enterprise, Small and Mid-Market, Education, and Consumer.
This leader for this unique role will have the opportunity to oversee the marketing activities that will build and retain a strong base of Windows Developer Fans, motivating them to create and build UWP Apps & Games, allowing Windows to be viewed as the industry leading development platform and partner for emerging experiences at home, in the classroom, and in the office.
This individual will have the opportunity to manage a high performing team of Marketers and work closely with Engineering, Evangelism, Research, Marcom, PR, Field selling organizations, Subsidiary leaders, internal/external partners and the Windows leadership team. Not only will their leadership ensure that we represent the critical voice and interests of Developers, they’ll have the opportunity help drive naming product features, and they will help develop integrated Developer marketing plans. Furthermore, they will work on events and partner with developer communities, drive developer-focused go-to-market strategies (including; tactics/assets/programs/events) and align resources with partners to reach our business objectives. The leader of this team will also help attract, motivate and grow each member of the organization, as well as evangelizing the Windows Developer strategy throughout the company and across our partner organizations.
• Generate and articulate our vision for the Windows Developer Ecosystem, drive strategy, tactics, GTM/Event/Community process, assets & resource allocations with input from key internal teams, key partners and Subsidiary Teams to drive engagement, preference, usage and application development of this critical audience.
• Shape and prioritize key, differentiated, Developer-valued Windows features with Engineering and Planning to exceed Enterprise, SMB, EDU and Consumer Developer needs (considering competition, market/tech trends, and sentiment).
• Develop and communicate holistic Developer Marketing Plan (including positioning, value prop, messaging frameworks, tools and capabilities, competitive reviews, etc) to drive Developer Evangelism, Marketing Communications, PR Plans, Event Plans, Field Marketing plans and events and support Field Sellers in deploying Windows 10. With our goal to protect, extend and modernize our Developer base to drive deployments, revenues, and devices running Windows 10 with Consumers, Schools and Businesses of any size.
• Partner effectively with Evangelism, Engineering, Product teams (including Office & Azure) Developer and Marketing disciplines, Field, Finance & Business Intelligence teams to ensure that integrated Marketing plans, GTM execution efforts align with determined vision and strategy and are measured effectively throughout the year (including course corrections if not meeting expectations).
• Attract, develop and manage a team of Windows Developer Marketers (Inbound, Outbound, and Segment-focused Marketers for Consumer, Enterprise, Small and Mid-Market and Education) to conceive, model, gain approval for, and deliver innovative marketing strategies, tactics, assets and activities that achieve short and long-term business objectives and engage/delight our Developer fans.
• Maintain solid, transparent relationships with key leaders, managing through difficult, ambiguous, highly sensitive and confidential information appropriately, while galvanizing on focus plans of action that lead to business results.
• Be the primary evangelist for Windows Developer Marketing efforts with internal teams and external partners where necessary, from 1:1 meetings to Keynotes.
• Support the development of Marketing forecasts/budgets for fiscal year, delivering to plan monthly.
• 7+ years of experience in Developer Engagement on a global scale (Windows preferred).
• Broad experience in Marketing – Inbound, Outbound and Segment selling.
• Solid organization, leadership, team, management and negotiation capabilities.
• Strong analytical abilities including P&L analysis and scenario modeling.
• Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) is required. MBA a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.