Senior Directory Services Engineer
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Our Cummins Business Services unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Nashville, TN for a someone which good experience working with LDAP.
Thinking beyond your desk includes:
- Provides application or infrastructure technical expertise, analysis and specifications for IT systems to meet business requirements in accordance with IT architecture policies and standards; translate requirements into technical specifications, create detailed solution design, coordinate construction, installation, configuration and testing of IT systems; and identifies, troubleshoots and resolves system technical issues.
- Assists in creating and managing the technical specifications from which programs and configurations will be applied to create the application, infrastructure or complete solution.
- Assists in technical analysis of potential solutions including evaluating the technical fit and viability of commercial-of-the-shelf products versus custom built solution.
- Delivers solution design, adhering to standards and leveraging re-use of components.
- Assists in creating high level and detail design of infrastructure OR applications, interfaces, conversions, extensions, reports, and workflows while meeting architecture, security, performance, scalability, and maintainability requirements.
- Assists technical and infrastructure groups in understanding the solution design and specifications.
- Works closely with IT technical service providers to ensure outsourced work packages are delivered to specifications, meeting key parameters of quality, schedule, cost, security, performance, and scalability.
- Participates in formal design reviews and code reviews (where applicable) to ensure the detailed design specifications have been understood and coding standards have been adhered to by the development team(s).
- Leverages re-usability of component designs to reduce costs and shorten time to deliver solution
- Ensures adherence to obtain efficiency in the build and deploy processes, leveraging automation where possible.
- Assists in the test strategy and execution of master test plan.
- Participates in the creation of standards, processes, procedures, and guidelines for the IT design and development community as well work instructions or 'runbooks' used for end-user support.
- Analyzes and revises existing systems and documentation to identify remediation or improvements in the application or infrastructure solution.
- Provides level 3 support for critical issues.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- System Prototyping - Able to conduct an early sample, model, or pre-release of a product built to test a concept or process or to act as a thing to be replicated or learned from.
- Requirements Analysis - Describes how business analysts prioritize and progressively elaborate stakeholder and solution requirements in order to enable the project team to implement a solution that will meet the needs of the sponsoring organization and stakeholders.
- Solution Assessment & Validation - The ability to understand and assess proposed solutions in order to determine how closely they meet requirements and if they will deliver the desired business outcomes. The ability to understand the organization, and its readiness, to determine what is necessary to transition to the solution.
- Solution Design - The activities involved in conceptualizing, defining, architecting, and ultimately designing complex systems.
- Solution Construction - Ability to select desired options to make a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products, applications, or IT systems function to user specifications. To build a particular application or system for use in a specific way.
- Troubleshooting - Able to diagnose and problem solve issues with computer hardware or software components with little or no direction. May require ability to install, configure, or disposition of server or client pc infrastructure and application issues.
College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required.
Our ideal candidate would have these skills and professional experience:
- 2 yrs. experience performing administration/support with LDAP/Authentication/Authorization solutions from vendors such as Sun/Oracle and Microsoft
- 2 yrs. advanced troubleshooting skills around LDAP solutions such as ODSEE/OUD/OVD/Active Directory
- Ability to automate LDAP tasks on demand using Powershell and/or equivalent automation/scripting interface is required.
- Experience with LDAP architecture in a large (>800,000 user) environment.
- Experience with the latest IDaaS concepts and Federated Identity solutions such as Azure Active Directory, Okta, or Ping.
- Experience with managing directory replication, schema enhancements to meet business requirements
- Knowledge of networking concepts such as DNS, Load Balancers, Firewall, SSL as it related to Directory and Federated solutions.
- Experience with the Oracle/Microsoft platforms
- Experience planning and documenting tasks and projects.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.