The position is responsible for identifying and developing new cold drink equipment technology for CCNA. The candidate will leverage relevant equipment trends, consumer trends, business trends and technical guidance research along with system capability to develop new equipment for the NA Business Unit. The role will include looking both at re-application of ideas from The Coca-Cola System as well as working with external resources. The scope of a typical project will include idea generation, proof of concept development, design, business case development, technical development, field testing and commercialization. The candidate will lead cross-functional teams and build working relationships across functional areas in the business unit. Development will be done using a Stages and Gates approach with projects eventually being properly transitioned to Coca-Cola Equipment Engineering and the Business Unit.Related Work Experience:
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 10 years
of relevant experience in equipment development for a major CPG company or equipment supplier.Education: Bachelors of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, or Industrial Engineering. General Competencies:
Coca Cola Leadership Behaviors:
- Planning and Organizing: Establishing courses of action for self to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Contributing to Team Success: Actively participating as a committed member of a team and working with other team members to help complete goals and deliverables.
- Problem Analysis: Forming an opinion or making a decision through careful testing of assumptions and facts; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Acting with Integrity: Maintaining a commitment to honesty; models social, ethical, and organizational values; firmly adhering to codes of conduct and ethical principles.
- Prototyping: Knowledge of basic prototyping technologies.
- Field Testing: Knowledge of field test procedures for equipment. Ability to tailor test protocols for individual technologies.
- Basic Project Management: Knowledge of project management principles and the ability to apply the principles, tools and techniques to develop/plan, manage or execute projects or work plans to ensure successful completion (e.g., on time, within budget).
- Intellectual Property: Basic knowledge of securing intellectual property rights.
CCNA R&D Competencies:
- Bringing Innovation to Market - Generates and translates innovative ideas into feasible, practical, and cost-effective equipment. Contributes using known information and their own new ideas within their area of technical expertise to bring projects to market with minimal help from others.
- Building a Business Case - Uses influence and negotiation, paired with convincing scientific, consumer and economic data, to create a compelling business case for new equipment. Collects the technical information in their functional area and other areas of technology for someone to build a business case for a project.
- Technical Competency and Credibility - Demonstrates critical thinking skills, deep technical knowledge in mechanical, electrical or chemical engineering and a practical knowledge in other disciplines. Applies technical knowledge to guide suppliers in the design, develop and manufacture of equipment solutions.
- Project Management - Sets strategic priorities and guides processes for planning work and monitoring progress to achieve desired outcomes. Leads multiple small projects or supports larger projects within their functional area. Creates project schedule for their work.
- Drives Cross-Discipline Collaboration - Applies understanding of Research & Development process or Scientific and Regulatory processes, including interrelationships and impacts between disciplines, to advance the achievement of Research & Development and organization objectives. Understands R&D roles and how they relate to the business. Works effectively within R&D and with other functions.
- Technical Communication for Business Effectiveness - Advises and educates colleagues by disseminating key facts and presenting complex information in a concise and easy-to-understand manner. Documents and communicates routine technical data within R&D and communicates with some project teams.
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
The Coca-Cola Company is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands and more than 3,800 beverage choices. Led by Coca-Cola, one of the world's most valuable and recognizable brands, our Company portfolio features 20 billion-dollar brands, many of which are available in reduced-, low- or no-calorie options. Our billion-dollar brands include Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Zero, Fanta, Sprite, vitaminwater and Powerade. Through the world's largest beverage distribution system, we are the No. 1 provider of both sparkling and still beverages. More than 1.9 billion servings of our beverages are enjoyed by consumers in more than 200 countries each day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. For more information, visit Coca-Cola Journey at http://www.coca-colacompany.com/homepage Coca-Cola Beverages (Shanghai) Ltd. an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola Company, provides marketing and technical/quality services to The Coca-Cola Company in China.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top