It takes ALL of us to do what we do at a world-class level, but it’s the insights, data and subject matter expertise our Senior Distribution Analyst brings to the table that makes us a long-standing leader in the larger Pet Care Category. We give you the high charge of integrating customer business plans, providing internal and external financial analysis, leveraging analytical data/insights and developing category plans to achieve overall sales, market share and profit objectives. You’ll be supported by a larger team – The Purina Sales Team – a bold name for our Sales department. You’ll partner closely with the Director of Sales and Category Analytics to grow the category in ways that will challenge you to think outside of what sits on the retail shelf. Your collective experiences at Purina will far surpass your achievements in growing sales.
The Senior Distribution Analyst will lead customer and Channel shelf & distribution analytics to enable category growth by optimizing assortment and maximizing shelf efficiencies at retail. We offer organizational opportunities and cross-functional experiences that will diversify your knowledge, insight and your background. So, if your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the mix?
- Proactively identifies marketplace, channel and customer distribution and shelf opportunities
- Completes analytics and develops recommendations for shelf and distribution changes
- Provides localized retailer and market shelf and assortment solutions
- Displays mastery of shelf and distribution analytic tools (i.e. Richmix, JDA, etc)
- Provides compelling selling story of recommendations to sell into customer and/or for field teams
- Responsible for shelf analytic work for specific customer businesses
- Provides external benchmarks and insights on emerging shelf and distribution analytic capabilities (conference and industry liaison)
- Guides identification and continuing development of KPI’s and additional shelf and distribution measurements
- Responsible for tracking and providing action plans against distribution and shelf KPI objectives
- Delivers systematic reporting & insights on distribution & shelf goals, opportunities, risks and performance for NPP and the Pet Category
- Owns POG development for specific customer and channel groups
Travel up to 30% or as business needs require.
Perform all other duties as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
Experience (Years/Type): 3+years of experience with business analytics. In depth knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, and Business Objects preferred. Experience in Richmix, JDA, Space Planning and familiarity with Syndicated Data, required.
Skills: Project Management / Resource Allocation skills
- Translate data into insights and solutions
- Networking skills
- Business development skills
- Change Management skills
- Financial Management skills
- Data analysis and PC Skills (in-depth knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
#LI-NC Saint Louis St. Louis
A little about us:
We aim to make discoveries that better the lives of pets everywhere through the highest-quality production of pet food, snacks and litter. Pets are our passion. Safety is our promise. Progress is our pledge.