If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions - join us.MedImmune
is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every day. As one of the world's premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Senior Drafting Specialist in Frederick, MD you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We're pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we're industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Drafting Specialist manages the Facilities and Engineering drawing system, including creation, revision, storage and retrieval of drawings in compliance with site policies, procedures and guidelines.
This role has direct responsibility for the following:
- Manage creation, storage, retrieval and revision of Critical Drawings, Non-Critical Drawings, Reference Drawings, Maintenance Drawings, Flow Path Drawings, Turnover Packages, Specification Library, Equipment Photo Library and other Engineering documentation.
- Coordinate CAD computer system maintenance, Drawing Software and Drawing Management System installation, maintenance, training, licensing, upgrades etc.
- Manage the collection, approval and introduction of project turnover documentation into FMC drawing system per site standards.
- Ability to apply expertise as a CAD user to ensure site drawings are up to date and inspection drawing packages are accurate and complete.
- Oversee compliant completion of Engineering Document Change Requests (EDCRs).
- Facilitate timely completion of validated system Change Controls referencing Drawing Change Requests.
- Ensure Site drawings remain current with actual field conditions.
- Maintains a high level of expertise in the field of drafting and engineering drawing control as it applies to the Life Sciences industry to ensure Site drawing management stays current with best industry practice and meets regulatory expectations.
- Interface with site project teams to ensure impacted drawings are properly identified and included in the EDCR(s) for the project.
- Manage in-house and outsourced drafting support as needed to meet demand.
- Must be able to learn and master Site Engineering Document Management system and serve as Subject Matter Expert for Site Engineering group.
- Must have working knowledge of AutoCAD including the ability to efficiently create and revise drawings.
- Must be able to read, analyze and understand content of typical engineering drawings, including architectural, process piping, PIDs, structural, electrical, plumbing, etc.
- Must be able to assist engineers with drawing content, arrangement and structure.
- Must be able to generate reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Must have computer skills, including experience with: AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Outlook, Microsoft IE, Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint and Drawing Management (document library) software.
- Prioritize assigned tasks, complete assignments with urgency and able to respond to difficult deadlines when needed.
- Solve business problems and develop standardized systems and processes for managed work.
- Facilitate technical problem solving, utilize problem solving and decision making tools.
- Conduct important interactions with internal company contacts to understand departmental requirements, meet regulatory commitments and exceed quality expectations.
- Must be able to establish vendor relationships and coordinate support as needed for maintenance of drafting software, drawing control software, computers, printers and plotters used to execute the essential departmental functions.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from team members, managers, auditors and inspectors.
- Effectively frame and present information to internal company contacts including senior leadership.
Education and Experience:
- Provide direct supervision to CAD support from internal and external resources.
- Actively negotiate and influence the F&E team to promote high performance and maintain control over drawing management system.
- Interface with site project teams to communicate project impact on existing drawings; and help to assign new drawings if required
Next Steps - Apply today!
- A Bachelor's Degree in a related technical field preferred, relevant industry training and experience sufficient to meet job requirements may be acceptable.
- Detail oriented, organized, ability to work within a structured environment, ability to convey requirements to others and enforce compliance to standards
- 5-7 years as a CAD operator; pharmaceutical/biotech experience preferred.
- 2-3 years managing a CAD department.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.