Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior EHS&S Specialist in Fort Washington, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Under the direction of the Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability Manager, the SR. EHS&S Specialist will plan and execute projects and programs in support of EHS&S compliance at the J&J Consumer Inc. Fort Washington Site. This role will be responsible for ensuring the assigned EHS&S programs are in compliance with federal, state, and local EHS&S regulations, as well as Johnson & Johnson EHS&S Standards. This role will have a strong focus on environmental compliance and sustainability.
This position will work closely with various internal stakeholders and external agencies such as Pennsylvania DEP and EPA.
- Internal: Plant Operations, Quality, Facilities, R&D, Maintenance, Engineering and various J&J partners.
- External: Regulators; local, state, federal inspectors; 3rd party consultants or assessors.
The Senior EHS&S Specialist will:
- Develop and implement operational procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory and corporate standards and to achieve sustainability goals.
- Monitor and document the quality of air emissions, wastewater discharges, and other emission/discharge media to ensure compliance with regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Identify environmental regulatory compliance issues and help facilitate any permit applications or renewals with the appropriate regulatory agency.
- Compile and report monthly, quarterly, and annual EHS&S metrics.
- Prepare and submit environmental compliance reports to local, state, and federal agencies.
- Develop and provide training to associates and partners in the areas of waste/water management and minimization, ISO 14001, and environmental sustainability.
- Perform routine environmental assessments based on J&J EHS&S standards to identify program specific deficiencies and areas of risk.
- Prepare audit reports/corrective action plans and collaborate with key stakeholders to implement corrective measures.
- Coordinate waste management programs to ensure wastes are properly classified, stored, shipped, tracked, and disposed or recycled in compliance with all applicable regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Maintain ISO 14001 certification by ensuring EHS&S management systems are aligned with ISO.
- Develop EHS&S objectives for the assigned programs - auditing, analyzing, documenting, and reporting on their implementation and effectiveness to management via dashboards & reports.
- Develop, implement, and deliver EHS&S training for assigned EHS topics, ensuring key risk and regulatory requirements are addressed for appropriate audiences, including new hires.
- Support and facilitate site EHS&S committees/teams to ensure implementation of the EHS&S program.
- Partner with local management to develop and implement corrective and preventative actions to address EHS&S program deficiencies and ensure EHS&S regulatory compliance.
- Collaborate with other functions to manage EHS&S aspects of external manufacturers, suppliers and contractor programs where necessary.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Science, Engineering or other Technical Field is required.
- Certifications: PE, CSP, ASP, CHMM preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) is required.
- Experience in an FDA regulated/GMP environment preferred.
- Experience is required in monitoring and maintaining environmental programs.
- Experience is required in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHS risks in the workplace.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Experience interfacing with local, state and/or federal inspectors is preferred.
- A collaborative team player with good interpersonal skills and classroom instructor skills is required.
- Results oriented problem solver with a track record of tangible improvements is required.
- Organizational skills and the ability to generate on-time all required reports & record keeping systems is required.
- Ability to quickly interpret complex regulatory issues and provide recommended course of action is required. Knowledge of United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) and Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PA DEP) environmental regulations is required. Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations is preferred.
- Knowledge of EHS management systems, including ISO 14001, is preferred.
- The ability to work off-shift hours, including weekends, as needed by business and for site related emergencies, is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Ability to use the Internet, intranet and database tools (internal and external) as needed to support the EHS function is required.
- This position is located in Fort Washington, PA and requires up to 10% domestic travel.
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort WashingtonOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
Environmental Health & Safety