Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior EHS&S Specialist in Lititz, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Senior EHS&S Specialist will:
- Be a technical expert for EHS programs that supports execution of the J&J EHS&S Policy and drives continuous improvement
- Under the direction of the EHS Manager, support all aspects of EHS programs at the Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products site in Lititz, PA
- Recognize and assess EHS&S hazards and risks. Identifies, analyzes and communicates EHS&S compliance requirements including securing of EHS related permits when needed
- Assess compliance, identify and investigate non-compliances and track actions to address to closure. Use results of risk assessment to recommend appropriate control strategies
- Evaluate, plan and implement Environmental Health and Safety programs.
- Manage projects requiring advanced knowledge of EHS principles, practices and regulatory requirements from identification of potential risk to analysis of the level of risk to the implementation of appropriate control measures.
- Document results accordingly and present to appropriate site personnel and management
- Monitor and evaluate new regulations to determine impact on operating location
- Monitor and evaluate EHS risks of operations, including change management, ensuring continuous improvement of the EHS program to make it leaner and more efficient
- Evaluate, plan and implement EHS training and awareness programs Develop and implement training packages for on-line and/or classroom training. Work closely with local Occupational Health Professionals to ensure coverage and alignment of related programs
- Support and facilitate site EHS committees/teams to ensure implementation of the EHS program
- Technically assess risks and use advanced knowledge of EHS principals and practices to develop and implement corrective and preventive actions for all identified EHS risks
- Coordinate and/or conduct all required industrial hygiene (noise and chemical) monitoring, perform ergonomic risk assessments, conduct machine guarding risk assessments and develop job safety analysis for automated and manual job functions
- Perform routine EHS assessments and utilize the Johnson & Johnson Management Awareness and Action Review System (MAARS) and audits to identify program specific deficiencies and areas of risk. Collaborate with site management to implement corrective measures
- Support incident investigations for all reported injuries and near misses.
- Develop and establish Operational Procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory and corporate standards
- Track and report key performance indicators and metrics
- Coordinate waste management programs to ensure compliance with standards including oversight of waste vendors, signing manifests
- Assist in coordination and serve as an active member on the site(s) Emergency Response Team(s). Establish training programs and drills
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Science or Engineering or related technical discipline is required
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) is required
- Experience in an FDA regulated environment preferred
- Experience is required in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHS risks in the workplace
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Experience in assessing Industrial Hygiene risks preferred.
- Experience conducting Industrial Hygiene monitoring is preferred.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Safety Professional (ASP/CSP) is preferred.
- Knowledge of machine and electrical safety, including machine guarding and Lock-Out/Tag-Out (LO/TO) programs, preferred.
- EHS auditing experience is preferred.
- Technical experience in diverse EHS areas including but not limited to air, water, hazardous and medical waste, machine safety, ergonomics, industrial hygiene and chemical handling, and environmental management is highly desirable
- Demonstrated project management skills are required and individual must have technical/working knowledge of federal, state and local regulations.
- Good interpersonal skills and classroom instructor skills are required
- Knowledge of impacts of industrial operations on employees through ergonomic principles is preferred
- Organizational skills and the ability generate all required reports & record keeping systems is preferred
- Ability to quickly interpret complex regulatory issues and provide recommended course of action. Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA), Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PA DEP) and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations is preferred.
- Knowledge of EHS management systems, including OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001,is preferred
- The ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods and perform repetitive tasks such as lifting, carrying, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing required.
- The ability to work off-shift hours, including weekends, as needed by business and for site related emergencies, is required
- Proficiency in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required
- Ability to use the Internet, intranet and database tools (internal and external) as needed to support the EHS function is required
- This position is located in Lititz, PA and requires up to 10% domestic and possibly international travel
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
Environmental Health & Safety