Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a SENIOR ELECTRICAL CONTROLS ENGINEER on our Instrumentation and Equipment Technology Team at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania. The successful candidate will be a strong team player with the ability to provide automation / process controls support to a variety of R&D, Plant Operations, and Manufacturing Projects. Candidate will be able to develop control system software, design process control systems, and specify hardware / software from basic functional specifications. KEY SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development of complex PLC programs for novel process systems
- Contribute to development of Electrical Design Drawings
- Configuration of Human-Machine Interfaces (HMI)
- Strong Innovation skills
- Specification of PLC hardware including CPUs, I/O modules, and Bus interfaces
- Ensure compliance with IEC 61508 and IEC 61511 through specification/configuration of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
- Ensure compliance with National Electrical Code and Air Products Engineering standards
- Knowledge of field bus protocols including HART communications, Profibus, and Ethernet, etc.
- Support the development of Process and Instrumentation Diagrams
- Use of test equipment for troubleshooting, commissioning, and plant start up
- Knowledge of low voltage power distribution systems (Variable Frequency Drives, motor starters, heater controls, etc.)
- Specification of process controls instrumentation (pressure, temperature, flow, level)
- Support Project Development activities including scope development and cost estimating
- Lead commissioning and start up activities including loop checking, debugging, and confirmation of safety system function
- Manage control system project execution
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with 10+ years experience developing PLC Programs for process plants
- Familiarity with Allen Bradley platforms preferred. Proven record of PLC process control system software development
- The successful candidate should also have a demonstrated track record of success with team efforts
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company celebrating 75 years of operation. The company's core Industrial Gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The company's Materials Technologies business serves the semiconductor, polyurethanes, cleaning and coatings, and adhesives industries. The company had fiscal 2015 sales of $9.9 billion and has a current market capitalization of more than $30 billion. Approximately 19,000 employees in 50 countries strive to make Air Products the world's safest and best performing Industrial Gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on the link Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #19287BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Air Products has been enabling its customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for 75 years.