The Capital and Engineering organization is a new function within Dow AgroSciences that is chartered to deliver capital solutions, engineering and project execution expertise across the Ag Division, including both Platforms (Crop Protection and Seeds). This organization has many exciting new job opportunities, including this posting for an Electrical Engineer.
The Senior Electrical Engineering Specialist is responsible for providing capital project deliverables, technology application, and driving excellence and efficiency within their area of expertise through implementation of appropriate engineering tools, technologies, and work processes, typically as part of a project team. The Specialist is also responsible for leveraging solutions and resources to solve common engineering challenges, and developing engineering solutions to support our manufacturing plant sites and R&D activities. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Responsible for Front end Loading (FEL) deliverables required to supply a quality process design package to the production design team.
- Acts as a representative of the business overseeing Engineering Procurement & Construction's (EPC's) in ensuring technical accuracy in project execution in all phases, including physical progress and engineering hours reporting.
- Developing layouts and conducting reviews to consider constructability, operability and maintainability of the facility.
- Interface with and participate on teams with manufacturing personnel, maintenance personnel, other engineering design disciplines, vendors, contractors, and suppliers as needed.
- Perform field verification, field measurements, field engineering, and construction support. Provide electrical system commissioning and start-up support as required.
- Creation of cost estimates; project cost control; and creation of design schedules and reconciliation with other disciplines.
- Author of scopes of work and equipment specifications.
- Design leader for multiple designers and engineers.
- All aspects of design including but not limited to:
- Application of Codes, Standards, and Regulations
- Area Classification
- Single Line Diagrams
- Cable routing
- CAD drawing creation and checking
- Electrical System Studies
- Utility interface where applicable
- Perform and/or review all Short Circuit, Load Flow, and other Power System Studies to ensure appropriate equipment ratings and power system performance.
- Perform and/or review Protective Relay Coordination Studies.
- Develop and/or review motor control and motor restart strategy.
- Work with the Project Team to develop and document the Electrical Area Classification details and drawings.
- Participation in vendor acceptance tests and site commissioning efforts.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering is required; equivalent experience may also be considered. MS is preferred.
- 5 or more years of experience in the Chemical Process or related industries with the working knowledge of electrical equipment as well as their failure analysis and repair procedures.
- Must be able to travel to company facilities, equipment manufacturers, Engineering Contractors (EPC) and repair shops.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Familiarity and experience within the Capital Project Work Process.
- In depth knowledge of internal and external standards and practices relative to electrical engineering is required.
- Knowledge of related plant operational practices such as Process Safety Management and Mechanical Integrity / Quality Assurance.
- Ability to evaluate existing electrical equipment and utilize engineering design processes to improve their safety and reliability needs.
- Trained in use of power system software such as SKM.
GEOGRAPHIC PREFERENCES / TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to plan, prioritize, and implement multiple concurrent projects or activities.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, self-motivated, and able to function independent of supervision.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills for developing a client base and working in a multi-function team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and desire to expand knowledge.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple concurrent activities and deliver on commitments under tight time constraints.
- Ability to work in a team environment to deliver per project objectives.
- Sound interpersonal skills, confidence, and ability to form good working relationships and negotiate effectively with internal and external contacts
- Strong ability in listening and communication, including consulting by telephone
- Comfortable working with colleagues with a variety of backgrounds.
- Focused on delivering effective, usable results.
- English fluency, speaking and writing, in addition to fluent in local language.
- Geographic location: Pittsburg, CA
- Depending upon candidate's location, either Regional or Global travel (10-20%) may be required often on short notice. The geographic areas of highest concentration of workload include Midland, MI and Pittsburg, CA (near San Francisco).
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies in late 2018 or early 2019. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
A little about us:
We are commercializing discoveries from the intersection of the chemical, physical and biological sciences that deliver solutions to the world's challenges.