Ethicon, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for an Sr. Electrical Engineer located in Cornelia, GA.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars, energy devices and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery.
The Sr. Electrical Engineer will:
- Serve as a working technical member of the Manufacturing Engineering Project Team supporting all processes throughout the Cornelia, GA facility.
- Participate as a key technical team member as well as a project leader in a variety of key projects in the business unit.
- Provide the technical input to plan, design, develop, and validate the manufacturing processes for new and existing processes.
- Interface with cross-functional teams including: Manufacturing, Research and Development (R&D), Quality Engineering, Analytical Labs, Procurement and Environmental/Safety.
- Prepare process development, process validation and material qualification protocols.
- Coordinate all activities related to their execution, including the preparation and approval of the company’s change control process deliverables, including completion reports, detailed process specifications and work instructions.
- Use knowledge of scientific techniques and Process Excellence to design, develop, and maintain safe, effective and efficient processes in support of the company's strategies, goals and objectives.
- Prepare technical reports, project updates and status reports for team and senior management.
- Plan, coordinate and implement all qualification activities of new and/or improved manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Perform validations, and project engineering activities to optimize or transfer manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Provide day-to-day troubleshooting and technical assistance to the site operations.
- Assist in new and existing process and equipment design.
- Prepare oral and written technical and progress reports regarding projects.
- Work on projects to qualify new or improved equipment, processes and products.
- Comply with all job specific safety procedures and utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when necessary.
- Support Manufacturing Equipment Excellence (ME2), Lean and Six Sigma initiatives.
- Support efforts to develop and sustain a culture of waste reduction.
- Ensure fulfillment of all regulatory, safety, industrial hygiene and environmental requirements for implementation of new products, processes and equipment.
- Ensure the completeness of training programs for craft associates on equipment modifications and new machinery in areas of responsibility.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, a Science or a related technical discipline is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of Electrical Engineering or Automation/Controls experience with a Bachelor’s degree, OR a minimum of 2 years of Electrical Engineering or Automation/Controls experience, with Master’s degree, is required.
- Medical Device or Pharmaceutical regulated industry experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) or other regulated environment required.
- Hands on practical knowledge of automation systems used for manufacturing (e.g. PLCs, HMIs, servo motors, temperature controls, field sensors) is required.
- Experience troubleshooting manufacturing equipment is required.
- The ability to read/understand electrical schematics and drawings is required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes [e.g. Just in Time (JIT), KANBAN, Continuous Flow Manufacturing (CFM), Pull Systems, Lean/Six Sigma, Process Excellence] preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Controls (SPC) theory preferred.
- Knowledge of Design of Experiment (DOE) concepts preferred.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks and/or Auto-CAD is preferred.
- Process Excellence/Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt) Certification is preferred.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- This position will require up to 5% domestic and international travel.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
Process EngineeringRequisition ID