Ethicon, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer located in Athens, GA.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars, energy devices and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will:
- Serve as a working technical member of the Manufacturing Engineering Team supporting all processes throughout the Athens, GA site.
- Participate as a key technical team member as well as a project leader in a variety of key projects in the business unit.
- Provide the technical input to plan, design, develop, and validate the manufacturing processes for new and existing processes.
- Interface with cross-functional teams including: Manufacturing, Research and Development (R&D), Quality Engineering, Analytical Labs, Procurement and Environmental/Safety.
- Prepare process development, process validation and material qualification protocols.
- Coordinate all activities related to their execution, including the preparation and approval of the company’s change control process deliverables, including completion reports, detailed process specifications and work instructions.
- Use knowledge of scientific techniques and Process Excellence to design, develop, and maintain safe, effective and efficient processes in support of the company's strategies, goals and objectives.
- Prepare technical reports, project updates and status reports for team and senior management.
- Ensure equipment uptime through the expedient, effective resolutions of production equipment problems to meet customer service objectives for the line fill rates.
- Manage line priorities to assure that all activity is directed in alignment with Business objectives.
- Serve as controls engineer expect for all areas of the plant.
- Preparation of strategies, Computer Software validations, and project engineering activities to optimize existing or install new equipment.
- Independently leads projects to qualify new or improved equipment, processes and products.
- Provide an ongoing analysis of current technology to assure existing manufacturing systems are sufficient to achieve company objectives.
- Leads new and existing process and equipment design and changes.
- Provide day-to-day troubleshooting and technical assistance to the site operations.
- Prepare oral and written technical and progress reports regarding projects.
- Comply with all job specific safety procedures and utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when necessary.
- Support Manufacturing Equipment Excellence (ME2), Lean and Six Sigma initiatives.
- Support efforts to develop and sustain a culture of waste reduction.
- Ensure fulfillment of all regulatory, safety, industrial hygiene and environmental requirements for implementation of new products, processes and equipment.
- Ensure the completeness of training programs for craft associates on equipment modifications and new machinery in areas of responsibility.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a Science or a related technical discipline is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of Electrical Engineering or Automation/Controls experience with a Bachelor’s degree, OR a minimum of 3 year of Electrical Engineering or Automation/Controls experience, with Master’s degree, is required.
- Medical Device or Pharmaceutical regulated industry experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) or other regulated environment required.
- Experience with synthetic absorbable polymer, fiber extrusion, injection molding, extrusion technology and/or metallurgy preferred.
- Hands on practical knowledge of automation systems used for manufacturing (e.g. PLCs, HMIs, servo motors, temperature controls, field sensors) is required.
- Experience troubleshooting manufacturing equipment is required.
- The ability to read/understand electrical schematics and drawings is required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes (e.g. Just in Time (JIT), KANBAN, Continuous Flow Manufacturing (CFM), Pull Systems, Lean/Six Sigma, Process Excellence) preferred.
- Familiarity with Allen Bradley automation platforms is preferred.
- Experience with Siemens automation systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Controls (SPC) theory preferred.
- Knowledge of Design of Experiment (DOE) concepts preferred.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks and/or Auto-CAD is preferred.
- Process Excellence/Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt) Certification is preferred.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- This position will require up to 25% domestic and international travel.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.