A Super Opportunity Awaits You!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer in Cheshire, CT.
Known locally and nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for planning and overseeing all phases of software development for ultra-low power systems on chip (SoC) and their associated ecosystem.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The key responsibilities of this position include:
• 7 plus years experience with C and C# required
• 7 plus years experience development with the SQL language. Experience with PostgreSQL a plus.
• Ability to develop in Linux and MS environments
• Some bash scripting experience required
• Strong communications and organizational skills is required
• Some knowledge of computer networks, web protocols, TCP/IP.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineer or Computer Science Engineering required. Master of Science preferred.
• Seven plus years of relevant experience required.
• Seven plus years of experience programming in an embedded environment using C/C platforms and coding in memory constrained systems with ARM core processor experience.
• Seven plus years of experience to a rchitect, develop, integrate, test, and document code for data acquisition and real-time signal processing.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write routine business reports and business correspondence in English.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and/or customers.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
• Statistical Analysis: Probabilities, Combinatorics
• Calculus: Discrete Math, Calculus II, Differential Equations
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.