Johnson & Johnson’s Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group within Medical Devices is recruiting for a Senior Electro-Mechanical Reliability Engineer for Advanced Sterilization Products located in Irvine, CA The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, Sedation and Reprocessing all headquartered in our talent hub in Irvine, CA.
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP) a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is a leading designer and developer of innovative instrument sterilization, high-level disinfection and cleaning technologies. The company is dedicated to providing infection prevention solutions that create the safest possible environments for patients, healthcare providers, and communities. ASP has offices around the world. For more information, please visit www.aspjj.com.
The Senior Reliability Engineer will:
- Plan, documents and perform HALT /ALT testing and reliability demonstration testing (RDT)
- Author and participate in DFR, studies and reports in support of these efforts
- Conduct root cause analysis of reliability problems .Determine physics of failure
- Drive and review component derating activities
- Create or participle in FMEAs, reliability hazard analysis, predictive and preventive maintenance, accelerated testing techniques, and application of statistical analysis
- Prepares diagrams, charts, drawings, calculations, and presentations. S/he translates relevant data/information into broadly understandable terms to convey risks and provide the means by which project trade off discussions and decisions may be made
- Participate in design for reliability efforts and reviews
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, with 8+ years’ experience in Mechanical engineering or related field
- A minimum of two years of experience in theoretical and hands-on working experience with reliability testing is required
- A minimum of three years of design experience with small Motors, Pumps , Flow Sensors, Valves for fluidics and material compatibilities is required
- Must have one year of experience with DfR, Planning, supervising and performing HALT /ALT and Reliability demonstration testing
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good level of understanding of Electrical and software embedded systems is preferred
- Participate in design reviews and able to recommend changes and critique complex systems designs
- Experience do you have with troubleshooting and root cause analysis of electromechanical systems is preferred
- A good understanding of statistical analysis techniques such as Weibull, Weibayes, Chi-squared, etc. is preferred
- At least one year of experience in the Medical device industry or experience in a highly regulated environment is preferred
- One of the following certifications is preferred: ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer, SMRP Cert, Reliasoft Certified Reliability Professional, Six Sigma
- Must be organized, self-learner with, able to multi-task, have strong attention to detail
- This position is based in Irvine, CA and may require some travel up to 10% travel
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal opportunity employers.
We are driving a world of industry-leading innovation taking place right here in California, every day. In a state known for cutting-edge technology, discover a group of companies known for transforming the future of health care. Watch our talented employees passionately speak to the broad range of opportunities for personal fulfillment, career flexibility and professional growth that inspire them to feed their passion here http://youtu.be/hUO6xtsudoAPrimary Location
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP)Job Function
R&D Engineering (R&D)Requisition ID