Senior Embedded Software Developer - RD
Company: Schneider Electric
Location: Foxborough, Massachusetts
Posted: April 30, 2017
Reference ID: 003E8B
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
In this position you plan, design, code, develop, test and document Embedded software systems in C and C for software enhancements and new products for industrial process control systems. You apply modern, best practice development techniques and product knowledge toward Research and Development activities. You provide analysis and investigation and resolution of software engineering tasks; participates in the definition of design specifications/parameters; plan, document and carry out software testing. You support software modules during Test and Evaluation.
You may coordinate and direct the work of engineering and other technical staff as technical and/or project leader for assignments of limited scope. You will provide estimates and set schedules for completion of assignments; produce realistic specifications and priorities to achieve the optimal balance between user needs and internal constraints/costs; execute project plans, anticipating potential problems and exercising priority judgments to meet project milestones.
You may participate in trade and standardization organizations for own area of expertise.
This job might be for you if:
You are an experienced professional with a good understanding of complex Embedded Systems Development, Industrial Communication Systems, and Industrial Control Systems; resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways. You designs, develop and test complex software systems or subsystems according to internal development process, with involvement at all stages, from the initial concept through the requirements definition, detailed design and release to manufacturing and customers.
You have a solid knowledge about Embedded Operating Systems, 32/16-bit microprocessors (e.g. Intel, ARM) hardware/software concepts, embedded/remote debugging and other development tools.
Ideally you have previous knowledge about Distributed Control Systems and Industrial Communication Protocols (HDLC, FF, PROFIBUS, DeviceNet, CAN, HART etc.).
Bachelor's Degree in C.S., E.E. or related discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Embedded development expertise. Understanding concepts like: HW/SW integration, cross-development, remote debugging, tasks, interrupts, exceptions, etc.
- Digital Communications. Should have previous experience from some digital communications protocols. for example HDLC, RS485, FF, PROFIBUS, DeviceNet, Ethernet/IP, UART, PCIe, I2C etc.
- Basic understanding of computer hardware, including: Microprocessors, communication controllers, A/D and D/A converters, schematics, HW testing, etc.
- Computer languages required: C and some C . Ideally also some experience with C#.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written (English). Shall be capable of developing design descriptions, test documentation, but also weekly reports, presentations etc.
- Self motivated, hard working self starter is a requirement. Shall be capable of working without day to day supervision and guidance. Shall take initiative and seek help and guidance when needed. Shall proactively seek out information and help.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.