Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
We are searching for a Senior Employee Relations Partner to join an exciting and rapidly growing company in Pleasanton. The purpose of the Senior Employee Relations Partner role is to enable achievement of Workday's organizational and business objectives through solving complex employee relations matters across all levels of the organization. Experience managing multiple competing stakeholder demands in a lightning-fast and ever-changing environment is a must! This role is critical to scaling and growing the capabilities, processes and systems that help Workday deliver an exceptional experience for our workforce. The Senior Employee Relations Partner will:
Required Expertise, Knowledge and Skills:
- Drive the implementation of Employee Relations strategies, guidelines, and procedures including effective communication and guidance for managers and employees. Ensures consistent application across the organization and within the HR Partner teams.
- Conduct and lead complex, high-risk and/or sensitive confidential investigations related to employee issues and claims, prepare investigative summaries, and make recommendations on next steps and appropriate actions.
- Advise and influence business leaders and the HR Partner teams through resolving employee relations matters and mitigating risk to the company.
- Identify, analyze and implement sound resolutions to complex employee relations issues.
- Initiate a proactive, strategic approach to employee relations by identifying and analyzing ER data/metrics for themes, trends, and root cause identification. Share findings with key partners to develop and deliver an integrated plan that links to organization and people strategies.
- Establish, build and maintain strong relationships with business groups including employees, managers, HR and Legal.
- Effectively anticipate the unintended consequences and broader impact of decisions and recommendations, identify alternate courses of action, and facilitate gaining alignment with key stakeholders.
- Proactively identify and anticipate future legal changes and partner with in-house Employment Counsel to provide options and recommendations.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to assess the impact of policies and practices and make recommendations to address areas of inconsistency or practice improvement.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal employment regulations and provide a regular assessment of how the company is doing relative to current regulations and articulate risk in all areas.
- Excellent demonstrable knowledge of current employment law and best practices in Employee Relations policies, principles, and procedures.
- Able to advise a range of stakeholders on Employee Relations issues balancing legal compliance with business need.
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to analyze information to identify the root causes of problems and proposing realistic and practical solutions to address them based on knowledge and understanding of the organization and its operating environment.
- Capable of applying discretion and sound judgment while managing complex processes, decisions and handling sensitive information.
- Exceptional coaching, facilitation and conflict resolution skills.
- Extensive expertise managing complex employee relations issues, including workplace investigations.
- Strong influencing skills leveraging business acumen, expertise and data.
- Ability to accomplish results and desired outcomes through formal and informal structures.
- Ability to finalize complex investigations quickly to minimize disruption within the organization.
- Advise and influence all levels of management around complex employee relation decisions, e.g. performance management, business conduct, terminations, restructuring and policies, guidelines and practices.
- In partnership with our Leadership and Organization Effective team, design leadership modules on management practices based on Employee Relations trends and themes.
The Sr. Employee Relations Partner reports to the Director, Employee Relations and Global Mobility. The Sr. Employee Relations Partner role is global in scope and will partner closely with the HR Partner teams, Employment Counsel, Internal Audit, and other HR teams such as Talent Acquisition, Compensation and HR Operations. Some domestic and international travel will be required. Required Experience and Qualifications:
8+ years of exempt level HR experience
3+ years directly managing complex employee relations issues
5+ years advising leadership regarding HR practices
MBA/MA or JD preferred
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.