Oracle HR is seeking a Sr. Employment Practices Consultant who will conduct workplace investigations and will participate in or lead projects and initiatives to develop, and implement HR processes and programs related to investigations and compliance for local and global implementation. The successful candidate will join a team focused on Oracle's commitment to compliance and integrity and maintaining a high ethical standard for business operations and employee treatment.
The position will focus on resolving employee concerns in the workplace equitably and participate in maintaining a work environment that provides fair and consistent treatment to all employees in adherence to the company's policies as well as employment laws. Position Location:
Will consider candidates located in most major cities. Relocation is not offered with this position. Travel:
will be 10% or less Responsibilities:
• Conduct high quality workplace investigations following established guidelines and best practices in response to complaints or allegations.
• Partner with others within the company to ensure timely, effective and efficient resolution of HR issues.
• Work with a wide range of internal and external parties to evaluate situations and determine necessary steps to be taken.
• Maintain expert knowledge of the company's HR policies and procedures as well as US employment laws and regulations.
• Lead employment practices projects by consulting with functional HR Business Partners and other HR functional groups to document, evaluate, analyze and improve global HR processes to align with company practices and desired outcomes.
• Participate in developing tools related to investigations for global implementation, working with regional and functional teams to ensure practical application.
10 or more years of experience performing duties similar to those outlined above; with advanced proficiency in conducting investigations; including complex issues regarding discrimination and harassment and 3 or more years of general Human Resources experience and
• Advanced knowledge of current US - Federal and State laws and regulations pertaining to employment
• Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities in a complex fast paced environment.
• Must be self-directed and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Experience partnering with legal resources to resolve employee relations issues
Demonstrated problem solving and judgment skills with the ability to provide high quality independent analysis, conclusions and recommendations Experience preparing and delivering information in a concise, professionally written format Excellent communications skills; specifically diplomacy and patience when communicating with others and diffusing difficult situations
• Strong interpersonal skills; especially, verbal communication, listening and problem solving
• Experience working with executives and key business stakeholders.
• Experience working in a large global corporation is preferred
• Ability to travel as requiredQualifications:
Partners with business units/divisions in delivering Corporate and Divisional HR policies and programs.
Join a leading HR group consulting with management and employees on HR practices and procedures. Manage employee relations issues and conduct investigations in support of corporate ethics and values. Participate in company-wide programs and initiatives (e.g., manpower planning, salary/bonus/stock review, organizational change, performance management, and training assessment).
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Key skills and abilities include coaching, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, process development, analysis, and problem solving. Ability to travel. 8 years generalist experience and BA/BS degree. Experience in an HR specialty a plus.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.