Senior Employment Practices Partner - Wilmington, Delaware
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
The Senior Employment Practices Partner
in Wilmington, Delaware
will focus managing all employee relations issues within assigned client groups. Will Proactively develop the capability of leaders & employees to create a respectful workplace that is highly ethical and consistent with AZ's stated values. Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise and coach leadership regarding complex and sensitive employee relations matters.
- Provide guidance and training to leadership on how to manage performance and misconduct issues through early intervention and appropriate corrective action.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with HR stakeholders, such as Comp and Benefits, Legal, Corporate Health Services, and HRIS to identify opportunities to enhance existing policies and procedures, while maintaining best practices.
- Collaborate with Legal Counsel to effectively manage ER issues and minimize risk and exposure to the business.
- Take the lead in developing and implementing effective employee engagement programs and Analyze data reports to identify problems and solutions.
- Take a leadership role in the strategic direction and development of the Employment Practices Strategy and Action Plans.
- Develop an excellent understanding of the business strategies, objectives and key deliverables.
- Work in partnership with Director, Employment Practices to monitor metrics and performance, identifying problems and solutions.
- Take a lead role in the partnership with Legal on governmental charges, proceedings, and lawsuits involving employment practice issues within assigned clients groups.
- Handle all performance and misconduct issues (investigations, recommendations, and execution).
- Provide direction and support on employee relations issues to ensure consistency in the application of AstraZeneca policies, procedures, and ER best practices.
- Proactively provide support to leadership on a variety of employment practices issues so that the escalation of issues can be avoided or minimized.
- Ensure the develop and delivery of training programs (Code of Conduct and Creating A Respectful Workplace), to leadership and employees increasing capability to create a respectful workplace that is highly ethical, compliant, and consistent with AZ's values.
- Enter all ER data for supported client group into the Ethicspoint Database system.
- Lead special projects and teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Professional experience (8 plus years) in the area of Employment Practices and/or employee relations experience. Experience in a multi-location company is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of HR practices, policies, employment-related laws and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated proactive and collaborative working style.
- Highly developed consultative, influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to work proactively and independently with little direction.
- Ability to respond to competing priorities across the organization and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Highly developed organization and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Demonstrates flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to effectively manage change and transition.
- Advanced degree in HR or related field.
- HR experience in Pharmaceutical.
- Experience influencing management and critical stakeholders.
- Experience managing employee relations in a diverse work environment including an exempt and non-exempt employee population.
Next Steps - Apply today!To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
MedImmune is the global biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca