At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity. EUGG IT
Enabling Functions, Global Product & Portfolio Strategy, and Global Medical Affairs (EUGG) IT actively partners with its business stakeholders to deliver cutting-edge IT capabilities to deliver on AstraZeneca's bold ambition, delivering life changing therapies to its patients. The ambition of EUGG IT is to provide world-class expertise and leadership in technological solutions, BI Analytics, and Information Delivery that empowers our Medical teams in the field, informs the strategy for global product teams, and accelerates and improves strategic decision making for a diverse set of senior leaders. The Global Medical Affairs IT team, a part of EUGG IT, plays a critical role in bringing AstraZeneca's exciting product pipeline to patients across the global.This team engages with some of the most exciting business areas within AstraZeneca and is faced with solving for a variety of complex business and IT challenges.Job Description
The Senior End to End Capability Service Manager is accountable for the provision of excellent IT service to the business. The role is responsible for management of the service portfolio, roadmap and all service activities; ensuring services are fit for purpose, delivered in accordance with Service Level Agreements and maintained in line with evolving business requirements. As the Capability Service Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for improving existing services and ensuring that new services are developed and implemented in line with business requirements. The role will work collaboratively across multiple global teams of business stakeholders, developers, partners, offshore service teams and vendors in order to successfully deliver continuous innovation and value to the Global Medical Affairs (GMA) business area.
A drive and passion for improving the service experience for end-users and achieving excellence in IT operations is key to the role. Candidates will be self-starters with strong organisational skills, expertise in ITIL service management and people management. This is an exciting opportunity to run and transform a critical business service across AstraZeneca's global footprint.
The role reports into the Service Excellence Lead, along with 8 other Capability Service Managers, covering a range of business portfolios and technologies. Accountable:
- End-to-end delivery of services through internal, offshore teams and external vendors, across core business capabilities.
- Portfolio and lifecycle management of service portfolio aligned to IT strategy, architecture, roadmaps, budgets, business priorities, and business processes.
- Acting as a single point of contact for service matters across the relevant portfolio.
Candidate Focus and Challenge
- Delivery of end to end user experience and satisfaction.
- Proactively identifying and delivering continuous service improvement within the relevant portfolio and contributing to improvement initiatives across the entire EUGG Team.
- Contributing to ways of working and operation of processes within AstraZeneca IT.
- Management of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Management of Service Enhancement Requests
- Capacity planning and management; taking account of business growth and changes.
- Application risk management, along with communicating and agreeing the aggregated risk position with the IT Capability Lead and business sponsor.
- Matrix management of multiple offshore Operational Service Managers across functions; to ensure services are delivered and continually improved to the expected levels.
- Execution of application decommission (BC, execution and benefits realisation) including where appropriate the removal of service components.
- Transition and design of new services through projects and BAU.
- Act as escalation point for key service support processes, including Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management.
- Management of relationships and communications with senior stakeholders.
- Service performance reporting within IT and the business; including SLA and metrics.
- Manage compliance with GxP/SoX to ensure control frameworks and testing are in place and AstraZeneca remains compliant.
- Manage relationships with internal and external suppliers, serving as the main contractual lead representing AZ to external supplier organizations.
- Continually review and drive supplier performance, ensuring contracts are fit for purpose.
- Negotiation and agreement of licensing deals, where appropriate using SMEs within IT and Procurement for support.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of application technologies and industry trends/changes external to AstraZeneca.
A successful candidate in this role will join a team of consummate IT professionals in delivering continuous enhancement and innovation to GMA through existing service management processes based Salesforce.com, Veeva, SharePoint and SaaS platforms. This candidate will have the opportunity to demonstrate leadership in maturing the service model and processes and through looking for ways to drive efficiency and quality from existing on-shore and off-shore IT resources. The first 6-12 months in role will be focused on facilitating the implementation of service improvements and capabilities supporting AstraZeneca's shift to customer centric IT service delivery. Candidates should expect a team-oriented, exciting, challenging, and fast-paced environment.Education, Qualifications, Skills and ExperienceEssential
- Degree level education.
- ITIL v3 Foundation.
- IT service delivery of business applications to a globally distributed user base.
- Hands-on experience delivering support within an application management team.
- Matrix management of offshore application support teams.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language.
- Experience in managing and sustaining diverse stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Experience delivering global CRM services.
- Experience delivering SaaS solutions.
- Prior experience working in Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industry IT environment.
- Working knowledge of Life Sciences R&D, Medical, and Commercial business functions and understanding of the external market.
- A proactive, results-oriented and customer-focused approach is essential.
- Ability to manage complex and ambiguous situations.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
A little about us:
At AstraZeneca, we believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.