The Sr Energy Efficiency Project Manager plans, directs, leads, and coordinates activities of designated Energy Services projects (large in scope)to ensure that goals and/or objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Responsible for completing projects under or on-budget and on-schedule. Ability to lead a project team. Develops subcontract and procurement documentation, including scope of work, equipment/material lists, and specifications. Negotiates subcontract and procurement terms and conditions with assistance from senior personnel and legal counsel.
- Manages large-scale energy services and energy asset projects to that may consist of municipal and state governments, colleges and universities, public school districts, healthcare, commercial, and industrial customer projects.
- Manages/leads the following aspects of Project Management Support:
- Shop drawings, submittals, and engineering calculations review and approval
- Change order development and processing
- Requests for Information (RFI’s) responses
- Project progress, scheduling and invoicing tracking
- Financial planning and cost forecasting/scheduling
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities of projects to ensure that goals/objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters
- Develops and reviews project schedules, cost estimation, bill of materials, budgets, scope of work, standards and quotes from suppliers
- Supervises and tightly controls project implementation
- Closely monitors and controls projects to maintain the highest levels of Safety at all times
- Manages all parties involved (internal and external) and ensures professional project management from system design through construction and close-out phases
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in engineering and/or business related discipline and 5 to 8 years of relevant work experience in the evaluation and implementation of energy conservation projects with technical solutions at customer site locations.
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration, Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and/or LEED Accreditation preferred, or on a path to obtain such registrations, certifications or accreditations.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability to develop complex energy conservation projects.
- Detailed knowledge of heating, ventilating, air conditioning (HVAC), electrical systems, building automation systems and process related systems in commercial, industrial, governmental, and hospital buildings.
- Understanding of building envelope systems, lighting systems, domestic water systems, etc., and their operation and energy and water use characteristics.
- Knowledge of renewable and distributed generation solutions
- Knowledge and experience in the development of customer proposals, vendor agreements, and subcontractor contracts.
- Knowledge of, and the ability to apply, life cycle cost analyses.
- Experience in customer presentations, including excellent writing skills.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency on the use of computer-based applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and project database applications.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment (internal/external).
- Effective leadership skills.
- Must possess valid driver's license.
- May be subject to government security investigation and drug screening
- If required, must meet eligibility requirements for access to government facilities.
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.