Ethicon, Inc. a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Engineer, located in San Angelo, TX.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars, energy devices and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery.
The Senior Engineer will
- Plan, conduct and direct engineering projects or studies, including complete projects requiring advanced knowledge of a specialized field.
- Apply comprehensive and diverse knowledge of engineering principles and practices within broad assignment areas.
- Coordinate and direct activities of technical support staff (salary and wage) and will be responsible for technical development of assigned staff.
- Track and trend data, identify and implement process improvements to improve business measures.
- Investigate product inquiries, develop and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise and Platform Ownership on multiple equipment types and technologies, including equipment reliability.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline is required. A Master's degree or PhD in Engineering preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in manufacturing/design engineering is required.
- Medical Device, Consumer or Pharmaceutical industry experience is required.
- Experience on packaging processes and equipment is required.
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) (i.e. programming, writing code, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with vision systems, Robotics and automation preferred.
- Experience with Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required.
- Experience with high speed automation assembly equipment is preferred.
- Knowledge of FDA, ISO and/or GMP regulatory requirements preferred.
- Knowledge of BSI (European) regulatory requirements preferred.
- Experience in Process Excellence/Six Sigma is preferred.
- Process Excellence/Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt) Certification is preferred.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong analytical problem solving skills and professional judgment required to resolve major technical issues.
- Must have the ability to function in a team based manufacturing environment.
- Must be capable of making effective management level presentations, writing formal reports dealing with both technical and business implications, and preparing project plans.
- The ability to collaborate with all levels of management in a cross-functional team environment is required.
- This position may require up to 10% travel (domestic and international).
United States-Texas-San AngeloOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
Engineering (Generalist)Requisition ID
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.