Job Description :
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
1) Perform standard engineering assignments which are typically a significant portion of a larger project. Select sound
techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations under direction of supervisor. Assess results for
application, validity and conformance to specifications. Recommend product, material and process specifications.
2) Utilize engineering tools to solve straightforward problems (e.g., FMEA, Finite Element Analysis, Product/Process
Modeling, Design of Experiments, CAD).
3) Lead small project teams as needed to accomplish project objectives.
4) Monitor and report project costs including capital and cross-functional expenses. Estimate cost affected by design and/
or policy changes. With supervisor, recommend capital expenditure and production methods for existing or enhanced
products or processes.
5) Demonstrated experience/interest in New Product Development/improvement to existing
products/processes, preferably medical devices.
6) Investigate new sources for raw materials or processes.
7) With supervisor, formulate and recommend engineering policies and technical work in accordance with project and business
1) Product Development interest/experience preferably medical, Biosurgery in particular.
2). Prefer experience with TQM methods (e.g. six sigma)
3) Display a solid technical understanding of engineering principles and procedures (e.g. Fluid and solid mechanics, mechanics of materials, CAD (CREO), TMV, technical tasks utilizing software-based tools.
4) Understand and articulate how own role ties within function or discipline
5) Demonstrate application of engineering principles on individual/small projects.
6) BS (Mechanical, Biomedical or similar) engineering and 3-5 years related experience.
7) MS engineering and 0-2 years related experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.