Power Gas Power Systems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE's Gas Power Systems business is the global industry leader in efficient, reliable, and cost-effective conversion of fuel to power, serving a wide range of applications from small, mobile power to highly efficient, utility scale power plants. With our substantial technology heritage and the largest delivered fleet of gas turbines of any provider in the world, our specialized plant solutions address unique customer challenges, providing increased performance, fuel efficiency, lower emissions and operational flexibility.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Senior Engineer, Coatings
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
As the Senior Engineer, Coatings, you will initiate, lead and execute projects to support GE Boiler and HRSG Product line. Projects include failure and field analysis of customer hardware to determine failure modes and operational issues and also AmStar coating support and other coating development programs for solving fleet and customer issues. You will represent GE as technical expert on AmStar and other coating processes for Boiler and HRSG product line.
In this role, you will be main technical interface with internal GE and external customers to clearly communicate results of development programs and materials analysis from field issues and failures. Present and provide customer solutions to support Boiler and HRSG Services business.
In addition, you will:
* Lead AmStar and other coating projects for GE Boiler and HRSG product quality, field issues and cost out
* Carry-out trouble shooting and root cause / failure analyses for GE internal Product Services teams and at customer power plant sites, as well as support on-site assessments on chemistry specific issues
* Maintain technical proficiency in areas of welding processes, consumables, materials behaviour, failure analysis, quality assurance and manufacturing engineering
* Support other GE businesses, internal & external customers, and suppliers as required
* Provide technical review and input to special process qualifications at GE shops and vendors
* Work Cost Out related programs for cost savings to support MPE Metrics
* Effectively communicate and provide recommendations through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data to internal and external GE customers using reports, records, and letters
* Uphold and participate in the company quality and EHS programs, and performs other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree in Coating Engineering, Metallurgy, or Material Science or related discipline
* Minimum of 8 years of experience in an engineering capacity
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Advanced engineering degree
* Specialty experience in HRSG and Boiler materials and related coating processes
* Ability to use metallurgical tools including: modelling software, microscopes, or mechanical / oxidation test rigs
* Ability to operate thermal spray equipment to develop, optimize and troubleshoot production coating processes
* Expertise in coating process effects on coating microstructure, properties and performance
* Experience and interest in failure and field analysis relative to coatings and weld and braze joints
* Support vendor process qualifications for coating and welding process internal to GE shops and at GE vendors
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Demonstrated ability to document, plan, market and manage programs that further the knowledge, understanding and capability of the business
* Problem analysis and resolution skills
* Demonstrated leadership in defining the state of the art in at least one technical specialty, along with the ability to teach and set standard practices within this field
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.