Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. is currently recruiting for a Senior Engineer, Diamond Point Turning, to be located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (JJVC) Companies are committed to creating life-long solutions to vision care needs. Since the ACUVUE® Brand made its debut in 1987 as the world’s first disposable soft contact lens, the company has repeatedly brought innovative, quality, and scientific advancements to the industry. And we're proud that ACUVUE® lenses are worn by more people than any other brand.
The Senior Engineer, Diamond Point Turning is accountable for delivering optical tooling capability, via Diamond Point Turning (DPT), required by the Global New Product Platforms to support the JJVC new product pipeline. This role collaborates with the owner of JJVC’s pre-commercial optical tooling strategy with an emphasis in the area of machine and process capabilities for DPT. The role directly supports continuous improvement strategies for the R&D Optical Tooling Laboratory, including but not limited to equipment and DPT Process development and optimization, machine programming, simulation analysis, debugging and state of the art equipment upgrades.
This role is accountable for leading the development and deployment of Optical Tooling systems including the necessary hardware and software. The role is also responsible for development of optimized machine programs to enable high efficiency, high throughput generation of optical tools using DPT. The role will be responsible for process optimization for the manufacture of next generation tool designs within the R&D Optical Tooling Lab along with final Knowledge Transfer to MAKE Optical Tooling. Troubleshoots and performs continuous improvement of existing DPT machinery and systems as needed. Partners with the R&D Optical Tooling Manager to identify strategic technology needs and assists with implementation.
This role collaborates with multiple technical and professional resources, and influences the R&D Optical Tooling Laboratory. The role must develop strong partnerships with Lens Design, Optical Tooling Design, Pilot Plant, Metrology, Injection Molding, Product Development, and Global Platform Leads.
The role is expected to identify and develop strong partnerships with external subject matter experts, industry leaders, and primary vendors to uphold a solid understanding of the state-of-the-art manufacturing technologies, methods and equipment. The position establishes key partnerships to execute the long-term vision for R&D Optical Tooling and support the technology roadmap for equipment and capabilities. Strategic planning with MAKE Optical Tooling for Design for Manufacturing (DfM) is performed, along with ensuring new product scalability from R&D equipment to production platforms.Qualifications
- B.S. degree in Mechanical/Optics Engineering or a related field is required with a minimum of 5 years academic and/or industry experience in diamond point turning systems or precision machining.
- A Master’s degree in Mechanical/Optics Engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years academic and /or industry experience in diamond point turning systems or precision machining.
- A Ph.D degree in Mechanical/Optics Engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 1 year academic and/or industry experience in diamond point turning systems or precision machining
- Experience developing and optimizing diamond point turning processes with optical level of precision is preferred.
- Experience with solid modeling tools and software is strongly preferred.
- Experience with optical metrology is preferred.
- Experience with computer aided manufacturing tools is preferred.
- Experience with applied statistical methodoligies strongly preferred.
- Experience with regulated medical device or pharmaceuticals preferred.
- Prior experience in R&D is preferred.
- This position may require up to 10% travel Both Domestic and International and is located in Jacksonville, FL.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.Primary Location
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)Job Function
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.