This position is responsible for identifying and developing new plastic packaging, with a focus on PET, for The Coca-Cola North America R&D organization. The candidate will identify and leverage relevant packaging trends, consumer trends and technical guidance research along with system capability to develop new packaging. The role will include looking both at re-application of ideas from the Coca-Cola Global Packaging network as well as working with external resources such as design agencies, consultants, universities and suppliers. The scope of a typical project will include idea generation, proof of concept, design, development, pilot and trial activities. The candidate will have demonstrated the ability to successfully develop and commercialize packages to the market. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to lead cross functional teams and build excellent working relationships across functional areas within a business unit.Engineering Competencies
Function Specific Knowledge and Skills
- Drives Cross-Discipline Collaboration (Applies understanding of Research & Development process or Scientific and Regulatory processes, including interrelationships and impacts between disciplines, to advance the achievement of Research & Development and organization objectives): Understands what other disciplines do and brings them into the work at the appropriate time to add input.
- Project Management (Sets strategic priorities and guides processes for planning work and monitoring progress to achieve desired outcomes): Creates the overall project schedule, integrating the data created by others.
- Technical Communication for Business Effectiveness (Advises and educates colleagues by disseminating key facts and presenting complex information in a concise and easy-to-understand manner): Effectively documents and communicates routine technical data within R&I & business teams.
- Function Expertise in field or discipline which differentiates the function in the marketplace and serves as a competitive advantage: Broad technical knowledge or developing SME in a field.
- Building a Business Case (Uses influence and negotiation, paired with convincing scientific, consumer and economic data, to create a compelling business case for new ingredients/products/packages/processes/policies/strategies): Leads the technical portion of the business case for routine projects.
- Bringing Innovation to Market (Generates and translates innovative ideas into feasible, practical, and cost-effective ingredients/products/packages/processes/policies/strategies): Uses general technology and supply base knowledge to identify and successfully bring innovations to market (end to end) with known technologies.
- Bachelor's degree (Chemical, Plastics, Packaging Science or Mechanical preferred)
- Advanced Project Management: Developing ability to lead complex projects that involve cross-functional teams. Includes the ability to manage large budgets, broad scopes, multiple suppliers and/or team members from partner companies.
- Advanced Packaging: Developing advanced knowledge of packaging materials and the related production processes. This includes knowledge of material compatibility, supplier processes, standards and specifications.
- Beverage Manufacturing: Developing knowledge of and ability to apply carbonated and non-carbonated beverage processing techniques (e.g., proportioning, carbonating, syrup manufacturing, filling).
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.