American Express Global Business Travel is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team!
You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world-class client facing business intelligence/data analytics solutions across multiple channels. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
- Serving as a core member of an agile team that drives user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications, and tests and builds automation tools
- Owning all technical aspects of WebFocus administration; performing hands-on architecture, design, and development
- Performing hands-on software development and testing, typically spending about 50% of time writing code, conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints, or doing proof of concepts/automation tools
- Driving consistent development practices - tools and common components; Developing deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Working with product managers contributing to blueprints, and assisting with annual planning of feature sets
- Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Mentoring engineers, and may have management responsibilities over 2-3 engineers
- 8+ years of software development experience, and preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
- Demonstrated experience with WebFocus advanced capabilities
- IBI Administration and hands-on experience with reporting and dashboarding
- Strong knowledge with SQL and database technologies and data analysis experience
- Knowledge of ETL (extract, transform, and load) procedures to load reporting database from source data on a scheduled basis using Information Builder's Data Migrator tool and SSIS
- Experience with drill down and use of CSS for styling of reports
- Knowledge of IBI's Maintain language
- Knowledge of WebFocus Architecture and Security
- Knowledge of creating metadata using IBI's products
- Experience with App or Developer Studio
- One or more certifications in IBI products is a plus
- Travel domain knowledge, including expertise in the reporting end to end tools used to provide business capabilities is preferred
- Demonstrated experience with database technologies and data analysis experience (SQL Server preferred)
- Experience with Java applications design and development is a plus
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
For help, please contact our support team at GBT.Talent@aexp.com .
A little about us: