Leads people, product, budget, & process activities of the engineering design teams at the business unit/customer group level on small, medium and/or large scale development programs.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
· Leads and coordinates projects with automotive OEM customers.
· Leads technical activities in conjunction with lead Systems, Software, Hardware, Test Validation engineers assigned to projects.
· Ensures team successfully accomplishes stated project or functional goals and objectives.
· Coordinates, delegates, prioritizes development and functional activities.
· Provides overall project development, leadership and motivation for design team through project completion.
· Ensures team compliance with appropriate customer requirements and processes.
· Provides programmatic coordination among Systems, Electrical, Software and Mechanical disciplines.
· Coordinates project activities in conjunction with other departments and locations (e.g. Validation, Manufacturing, Purchasing and AIS).
· Works with tools/equipment such as MOCCA, ValueCAN, CANalyzer, CANoe and CAN bus.
· Implements Division Process Innovation Management, and New Product Launch Procedures and develops design based on Design for Manufacturability and OEM specific documentation.
· Responds to quality and work issues and takes corrective action as appropriate (SCR, Warranty, Delivery Quality).
· Manages critical path and open action items to ensure successful completion.
· Reviews procedures, materials, or processes to assure compliance to all specifications and standards.
· Leads and coordinates Change Request Authorizations and Engineering Change Orders using Agile, Glovia and issues change requests via Jazz / RTC and DOORS.
· Leads, creates and maintains Project Books containing Design Reviews (DR0, DR1, DR2), design outputs, minutes, etc.
· Leads Project from Request for Quote process through factory transfer Zenbara, Value Analysis / Value Engineering) and production launch as outlined in Product Development Process procedure.
· Leads, coordinates and/or participates in customer events e.g. system verifications, cross checks, integration camps, etc.
· Manages and communicates with team and management regarding development activities, project schedule, cost, issues, and risks.
· Develops project plans, scheduling, budget planning, Work Breakdown Structure, leads Cross Functional Team meetings, and Red/Yellow/Green tracking with organizations in both domestic and overseas locations.
· Implements Quality Cost Development Delivery for OEM products and develops vendor base for reduced cost investment.
· Interprets, enforces and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
· Initiates, recommends and provides solutions through designated channels.
· Prepares reports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of five (5) years of experience; or a minimum of ten (10) years of customer facing, electronics product life cycle management experience.
· Experience leading and directing staff preferred.
· Experience with system level design work and solving complex problems independently.
· Experience in coordinating technical activities in conjunction with Lead Systems Engineers assigned to the project.
· Experience in coordinating, delegating and prioritizing development and functional activities, while managing critical open action items.
· Experience ensuring compliance with TS16949, APQP, Customer and Company processes and procedures.
· Experience interfacing with Customers on technical project issues.
· Proficiency with the computer applications appropriate to the position and assignment.
SOME OF THE TOYS YOU GET TO PLAY WITH:
· MOCCA equipment
· ValueCAN equipment
· CANalayzer equipment
BENEFITS AND PERKS – WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
· Great Benefits + Company-matched 401K retirement savings
· Annual Bonus Program
· Educational Assistance and Reimbursement Program
· Relaxed dress code
· Onsite Recreation Center & Café
· Telecommuter and Work Mobility Program
· Onsite Happy Hours!
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.