Senior Engineer Software Engineering 1208027
Posted: June 01, 2017
Reference ID: 1208027
What You'll Do
There is an immediate need for a Senior Software Engineer for APIC-EM product within Cisco's Core Software Group (CSG).
Who You'll Work With
CSG provides an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment with one of CISCO's highly talented group of engineers, on exciting and challenging Network Management Applications that manage a wide variety of leading edge networking technologies. APIC-EM is Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller Enterprise Module (APIC EM) that extends Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) to the WAN and access edge. ACI is a holistic architecture for centralized automation of policy-based application profiles. Through programmabilit y, automated network control helps IT rapidly respond to new business opportunities. These technologies are major growth areas for Cisco and provide great opportunities for learning, career development and advancement. In addition to learning about development engineering and the latest development methodologies, working with customers, you will have the opportunity to get hands-on experience working with a variety of Cisco devices and technologies in an environment that promotes learning and innovation.
Who You Are
Role & Responsibiliti es
As a Senior Software Engineer in Cisco's CSG group, you will be responsible for leading successful deployment, operation and troubleshootin g of highly scalable SDN controller and network management products in customer's environment. Open communication, empowerment, innovation and quality, teamwork and customer success are the foundations of the team.
Key responsibiliti es will include the following:
- Work with customers to identify deployment and operational challenges and provide solutions.
- Provide technical leadership to teams on a highly scalable distributed (or cloud-based) solution. Includes:
- Drive/collabor ate with other technical leaders/softwa re engineers on arriving at solutions to customer's challenges.
- Develop software solutions independently and rapidly with a focus on quality.
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Champion quality within development organization
- Engage with product management to clearly articulate and drive product enhancement requirements that customers want
- Review and write product documents including customer facing documents.
- Perform system profiling and analysis, identifying resource and latency issues
Qualification and Skills
- BE or MS CS/EE with 8 years of industry experience
- Self-driven with proven experience driving design and implementation of software solutions through architecture.
- Excellent c ommunication/presentation/co llaboration skills for interacting with internal/exter nal customers.
- Ability to multitask and plan multiple activities running in parallel
- Excellent domain knowledge & proven experience working with Java, HTTP, SOAP, REST, Spring, ORM/Hibernate, Tomcat, Apache, JEE, JMS, XML, containers, micro services, performance profiling tools, database, and HA patterns
- SNMP trap processing and knowledge of MIBS
- Good working experience of configuration control and build systems and methodologies (subversion, GIT)
- Excellent analysis and programming skills
- Experience of developing in UNIX/Linux Operating System environments
- Experience of Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of technologies like TCP/IP, LAN/WAN routing/switch ing and other network layer protocols a plus
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.