GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world's first digital industrial company. We take the earth's most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Senior Engineer Systems Engineering
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Senior Engineer Systems Engineering will be responsible for setting the design requirements for tower shell / tower internal designs for wind turbines. This includes defining and owning interfaces between components, cost target for tower components and defining MGTP (Multi Generation Technology Plan) for tower components. You will interface with the component design team, the design institute for the foundation design / customer clarification.
As the Senior Engineer Systems Engineering, you will:
* Define requirements for subsystem design (including all tower components such as shell, flange, bolts, platforms, ladders, cable tray, hoist, service lift, foundation interfaces, etc.)
* Interface between components and interfaces of machine head and foundation
* Define cost targets and strategies to achieve cost reduction
* Conduct conceptual design and trade-offs
* Own RCA (Root Cause Analysis)
* Define MGTP
* Design for assembly and serviceability
* Participate in or lead new technology evaluations and adoption into GE's product
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering
* Minimum 5 years of experience in component design, FEA (Failure Effect Analysis) including a minimum 3 years interfacing with PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) software and a minimum 2 years of full system or sub-system level design experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Master's Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering
* Design experience on machinery components
* In depth understanding of tolerance stack up, interfaces
* Experience in wind turbine structural or mechanical component design
* Analysis and design experience on any of the following components: tower shell / flange / bolts, foundation
* Sound understanding of dynamics
* In depth understanding of Windturbine design requirements as per IEC61400-1, GL 2010 guidelines
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.