GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Senior Engineer, Wind Advanced Technologies, Towers
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Senior Engineer, Wind Advanced Technologies (WAC), Towers team is responsible for leading New Technology Introduction (NTI) programs focused on reducing the Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE) for wind power. The successful candidate will be part of the Mechanical Wind Advanced Technology team focused on structural engineering and wind turbine Tower design.
As The Senior Engineer, Wind Advanced Technologies, Towers, you will:
• Develop, test and validate new taller tower technologies or enablers
• Develop, test and validate new machine head structures
• Work with the advanced manufacturing teams to maintain and advance competitive edge in bedplate casting and welded generator frame design
• Working cross-functionally with the towers sub-system and design teams to develop new technology, regional tower strategies and trade studies.
• Working cross-functionally with the mechanical sub-system and design teams to develop new technologies for machine-head structures, trade studies and cost out
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited University
• Minimum of 7 years of engineering experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Master's Degree in Engineering
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in Engineering
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in Wind
• Strong understanding of system and component design
• Ability to summarize and communicate complex technical information
• Ability to work and influence stakeholders at all levels across the organization
• Strong problem analysis and resolution skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.