is seeking a Senior Engineering Manager to lead the Web team. This position
includes opportunities to work with state-of-the-art web technologies and
large-scale infrastructure. This is a great position if you like developing
solutions with hands-on development in addition to managing and building a
BabyCenter reaches more than 40 million moms
and dads monthly in 11 languages from Canada to the Middle East to China. In
the United States, 7 in 10 babies born last year were BabyCenter babies.
BabyCenter provides parents with trusted information, advice from peers, and
support that’s Remarkably Right® at every stage of their child’s development.
Products include websites, mobile apps, online communities, email series, social
programs, print publications, and public health initiatives. BabyCenter also
leverages its industry-leading audience engagement to provide unparalleled
insights and innovative marketing solutions to the world’s top brands,
retailers, and institutions. Additionally, BabyCenter is committed to improving
maternal health globally, and – through its Mission Motherhood™ campaign –
works closely with nonprofits, NGOs, and governments to help make motherhood
safer for all women. BabyCenter is a member of the Johnson & Johnson family
Thriving on a diverse company culture,
celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Web team consists of several agile teams that are responsible for identifying,
developing, and supporting BabyCenter's global online presence, including
expert content, social communities, and maternal health. The ideal candidate
has experience building large-capacity consumer-facing websites, experience
working with new technologies, and the desire to build great products for new
and expecting parents.
- Manage 4+ agile team
- Oversee 4+ agile development teams
for BabyCenter's global websites.
- Promote and lead under an agile
development process, actively creating and improving processes as needed.
- Discover and manage KPIs across
the Web teams to influence team behaviors via feedback and measure areas of
product strength and opportunity.
- Contribute to application
development as a domain expert when necessary, leading by example and setting a
high development standard.
- Partner with the Principal Web
architect to ensure the creation of high-quality technical solutions that meet
- Responsible for representing the technical
roadmap and working with Product to balance the roadmap with company
- Collaborate with the product,
marketing and sales teams to understand products and represent BabyCenter's Web
- Make sure the development culture,
process, and tools within the Web teams are consistent with the larger
- Work with and manage third-party
technology and development partner engagements.
- Use in-depth understanding of
BabyCenter technologies to drive cross-team initiatives and improvements.
- 8+ years engineering experience
- 4+ years as team lead or 2+ years leading multiple teams
- Excellent communication skills, agile leadership skills,
mentoring, pair programming
- Desire to make the product excellent
- Ability to interface and effectively work with both engineers and
- BA/BS in mathematics or computer science, or equivalent experience
- Java, Spring, and Hibernate frameworks
- Large-scale consumer internet development experience
- Experience in agile development process
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases; experience with
Cassandra a plus
- Groovy, iPhone, Android experience a plus
- Specific platform knowledge a bonus: Maven, Gradle, Eclipse or
IntelliJ, Tomcat, JMX, JMS, Git, MySQL, Cassandra, Solr, Nexus, Jenkins,
Grinder, Grails, Spring Security
United States-California-San FranciscoOrganization
BabyCenter, LLC (6009)Job Function
Engineering (IT)Requisition ID
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.