The senior ETF strategist will report to the head of ETF strategy and will oversee the successful implementation of SSGA's product strategy across the wealth mgmt. business channel. The strategist is responsible for working with the wealth management regional teams and regional consultants strengthening advisor relationships. This role will be responsible for three primary functions: understanding client research developing a SPDR ETF placement strategy and discussing portfolio construction. The role will also support the regional sales teams and their clients across the country.Key responsibilities include:
- \t\tDevelop key relationships with client portfolio managers and regional investment strategist teams\t
- \t\tUnderstand each home office internal research function and market strategy and articulate how SSGA products fit into that strategy\t
- \t\tWork with SPDR Americas Research Team to develop and deliver unique sales ideas and generate portfolio analytics\t
- \t\tLiaise between internal SSGA CIO teams investment research and strategist teams to deliver State Street market perspectives\t
- \t\tBuilding the State Street advantage through in depth analysis of firm strategy and complimenting that strategy with State Street products analytics and services\t
- \t\tImprove effectiveness of SPDR sales force by obtaining and communicating meaningful and timely information relating to research changes and model portfolios and converting the information into sales opportunities
You should have the following skills experience and certifications:
- \t\tKnowledge of the wealth management industry and trends. You should have a deep understanding of the players and key success factors in these markets\t
- \t\tSelf-motivated and driven to excel.\t
- \t\tExperience building model portfolios and discuss general portfolio construction concepts\t
- \t\tHas a passion to win always look for new ways and support innovation Accepts ownership and accountability and inspires trust\t
- \t\tCritical that you are comfortable working in a team environment - you should be willing to help others on the team and work as a unit.
5-10 years outside sales and/or relationship management experience with ETFs mutual funds separate accounts or hedge funds. You should be familiar with Bloomberg FactSet Morningstar Direct. You'd need exceptional verbal and written communication skills and sales presentation skills. BA/BS degree CFA/CAIA/CIMA preferred NASD series 7 and 63 securities licenses required. Clean compliance & U4 record required
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.