IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.IBM is seeking a Lead ETL Informatica Developer who:
- Gathers business requirements and interaction with business and IT teams.
- Identifies, designs, codes, debugs tasks necessary to develop Data Warehouse/Mart and ETL BI solutions.
- Writes code that can be easily maintained/reused/tested by others, by adhering to coding standards and including detailed code documentation.
- Works with QA personnel to develop and carry out test plans to ensure that Data Warehouse/Mart and ETL BI solutions are of the highest possible quality.
- Works with database personnel to design logical/physical database models to support present/future Data Warehouse/Mart and ETL BI needs.
- Develops database triggers and SQL queries needed inside the ETL Informatica.
- Develops clear, detailed technical and user documentation that will facilitate support for developed Data Warehouse/Mart and ETL BI solutions.
- Takes a leadership role in the team environment; encourages, coaches and mentors team members in acquiring the technical and behavioral skills needed to
- effectively produce Data Warehouse/Mart and ETL BI solutions.
- Inspires and motivates team members to set high standards of excellence and commitment to a common goal.
- Participates in the ongoing support and problem resolution of developed Data Warehouse and ETL Solutions.
- Responds appropriately to urgent technical support situations and procedures with quick and effective solutions to business problems. This includes after hours work as needed.
- Participates in design and code reviews with managers, peers and involved business personnel.
- Acquires knowledge of existing Cartus systems and the underlying business processes they support.
- Identifies potentially reusable objects in current Data Warehouse/Mart & ETL BI Solutions.
The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our BATON ROUGE center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel up to 50% of the time. This is a traditional office position. You must live in LOUISIANA. The work location is 100 North Street Baton Rouge, LA 70802. This is not a work from home position. BENEFITS
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population. CAREER GROWTH
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role. CORPORATE CITIZENSHIP
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.