The Windows Developer Marketing team is seeking a hyper-organized & strategic marketing lead to run overall program management across our global events & community programs. With full end-to-end strategy & executional ownership across workstreams to ensure effective execution, this position will develop & drive high touch programs that create a quality pipeline, move prospects through the customer journey, & build a strong relationship with our developer community. The position is accountable for aligning plans with campaign goals, business objectives & measuring the success of plans to maximize results within an established budget. The position will work closely with engineering/comms/marketing teams to create, maintain & execute strategies & campaign tactics that resonate with target audiences & deliver results towards our business goals.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Own the event & community marketing channels & strategy for Windows developers to maximize our reach, drive engagement & impact business goals
• Create, communicate, execute & package event & community programs - both regional & HQ led efforts such as Microsoft Build, Windows Developer Day, MVP Summit & sponsored events
• Proactively drive marketing programs, ensuring alignment with audience marketing objectives
• Define success & track program results, measure program success, & report metrics
• Maintain program budgets
• Work cross-functional across all marketing departments to ensure end to end customer journeys
• Manage & communicate an events & community calendar
• Collaborate with engineering, marketing, & other teams to run agile pilots, fail fast & scale big when you see success
• Regularly communicate plans & results & set expectations with senior management & other stakeholders with confidence & clarity
• 5-7 years of marketing experience, with an event & community marketing background
• Proven track record of successfully partnering with engineering teams
• Experience with developing integrated, multi-touch marketing plans as well as working knowledge of marketing automation systems
• Self-motivated, innovative, collaborative, multi-tasker, creative & analytical with above average oral & written communication skills
• Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment is extremely important
• Strong team player with a positive attitude
• Self-starter, comfortable dealing with ambiguity, & able to influence at multiple levels
• Must be based in Seattle area
• Travel 20-30%
• Experience collaborating with external agencies & vendors
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations & ordinances. If you need assistance &/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.