Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
• Provide extensive administrative support to General Manager/Vice President:
o Email and calendar management, including responding to all meeting invitations, independently resolving conflicts, clearing calendar for travel/vacation time, notating all travel details
o Meeting planning, including: printing meeting materials, providing daily summary of meeting activity for reference,
o Event and activity planning, including: coordination and contract negotiation, both on- and off-site at local and remote locations
o Meeting coordination across the broader organization, including travel scheduling, WebEx hosting and facilitation and SharePoint site management, etc.
o Planning and booking domestic and international travel for General Manager (including air, car, hotel)
o Expense reporting for General Manager and expense report approval assistance, in strict compliance with legislative and company travel, entertainment, and physician payment policy.
• Partner with the broader Immunology Commercial and cross functional team to provide administrative and operational guidance to team members (both new hires and existing staff)
• Manage and independently act on confidential and sensitive communications (emails, leadership meeting materials, etc.)
• Coordinate customer visits
• Facilitate small team meetings
• May be responsible for budget tracking
• Create basic charts in Excel and PowerPoint
• Manage purchase orders and process account payable invoices, including via SAP system (financial system work as needed)
• Manage and track data using Excel
• Serve as a reliable and trusted business partner - must have unimpeachable integrity
• Create and maintain business-critical distribution and mailing lists
• Provides assistance in maintaining compliance with regulatory and company policies and guidelines, including Standard Operating Procedures
• May undertake assigned projects with limited supervision
• Advanced Internet/Intranet skills and strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
• Experience with leading and coordinating WebEx and conference call sessions
• Experienced in travel planning (air, ground, lodging) for large groups and in various US-based and international metropolitan locations
• Must have demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects/workflow and manage time efficiently in order to meet established timelines
• Experienced in successfully completing tasks with minimal direction from manager and/or supervisor
• Must be able to proactively improve processes, initiate projects and implement changes, as opportunities are identified
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Some college coursework preferred
• Minimum 7+ years in a related field preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.