Hartford Specialty Commercial represents The Hartford's significant presence in the financial, professional and cyber, insurance markets. The Hartford is one of the nation's largest providers of Errors & Omissions (E&O), Cyber liability, Directors & Officers (D&O), Employment Practices Liability (EPL) and crime and other specialty insurance lines.
The Hartford offers both private and public company coverage including targeted programs for financial services, technology, real estate operating companies, venture capital-backed companies and more.
You will be accountable for executing a territory underwriting strategy while balancing profit, pricing and production objectives within a team environment. Strong sales behaviors and strong technical expertise are key factors in driving the desired results of the territory operating plan.
You will be responsible for profitably growing our Technology Professional Liability (Tech E&O) book, demonstrating deep industry expertise and providing industry leading customer value at an exemplary level of service.
You will build distribution relationships and position our products, service and brand to establish the Hartford as the Tech E&O provider of choice in your territory.
In this role you will be responsible for a Southern California, AZ, NV, NM territory for monoline Technology Errors & Omission sales, underwriting, policy performance, underwriting quality and compliance and Portfolio Management. You will support Product Development and middle market standard lines field operations where Technology E&O is underwritten in conjunction with package lines. RESPONSIBILITIES: Underwriting Excellence (40%)
Sales Excellence/Distribution Partner Management (40%)
- Acts with high levels of Underwriting Authority; expertly applies all applicable Line of Business underwriting guidelines when making risk acceptance and pricing decisions
- Acts as industry and product subject matter expert on technology, cyber and media liability risk. Coaches and mentors staff on team; supports junior or other non- expert underwriters. Advises standard lines field underwriters in writing Tech E&O in conjunction with their core lines.
- Primary responsibility for territory total written premium, new business production and profit goals.
- Has thorough knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and governance
- Underwrites and/or approves referrals for more complex risks.
- Creates, drives, and executes on strategies for new and/or renewal accounts including, sales pipeline management, prospective book management, executing on mix of business strategy, territorial and distribution partner sales plans, and other sales activities.
- Consults and provides solutions to distribution partners and insureds; viewed as a technology, cyber and media risk subject matter expert and trusted advisor to partners; manages the book of business
- Effectively provides excellent account management service for assigned region through strategic planning and operational excellence; ensures the consistent delivery and execution of service; positively impacts and influences final account pricing and terms.
- Responsible for, or influences, retention
- Leads regional communicating strategy for engaging agents,, brokers and other distribution partners; coordinates communications across the enterprise; educates internal and external partners on the strategy
- Coaches and mentors others on sales excellence and external partner management
- Establishes a pipeline of accounts and source businesses for cross-sell opportunities among other specialty and middle market commercial units.
- Manages the sales process for your accounts including, planning, operating routines, and monitoring; build and maintains pipeline and sources opportunities for other team members
- Is professionally demanding, results oriented and understands accountability and hold others to those standards.
Book Analysis & Planning (10%)
- Analyzes agency book on quarterly basis for potential growth or corrective action
- Identifies trends in book composition and financial performance, recommends portfolio balancing solutions and executes corrective action with minimal input
Product Knowledge / Policy Command (10%)
- Reviews coverage requests and independently makes risk acceptance decisions based on company appetite, guidelines, risk characteristics and authority level. Refers risks as needed for review or additional authority.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and governance, target industry and class trends, emerging market needs, issues and risks and competition.
- Works with distribution partners in addressing market dynamics to reinforce The Hartford's reputation as the premier expert carrier for tech, cyber and media risk solutions.
- Coaches others on applicable terms and conditions; policy language and coverage applicability
- Occasionally supports product development, special programs or other business development initiatives as required.
- Expert knowledge of technology, cyber and media risk, exposure, coverage and market dynamics.
- Deep experience in underwriting applicable lines of business demonstrated by prior success in building a profitable book of business in those lines.
- Well established favorable and productive relationships with regional and national distribution partners who specialize in placement of Tech, cyber and media risk.
- Strong risk analysis skills and ability to review and understand, assess and articulate an insured's business cyber, media and professional liability exposures
- Strong ability to drive effective partnerships and deliver outcomes to execute the territory and national strategy and achieve related objectives.
- The ability to identify and address emerging technology, media cyber related exposures and issues
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Public speaking and the ability to author material for publication is a plus.
- 5 years of technology, cyber and media liability underwriting experience
- RPLU certification is a plus
***Position may be filled at a different level, depending on experience***
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age