The Johnson & Johnson family of companies is hiring for a Senior Facilitator, Wire Mill to be located in Somerville, NJ.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
The Senior Facilitator, Wire Mill will be responsible for managing production personnel to maximize quality and output in a manufacturing operation. They will also be accountable for achieving production targets while maintaining cost controls. At this level the role has increased responsibility including, but not limited to, additional skills, multiple lines/products, diverse teams, etc.
• Understands and adheres to Ethicon environmental and safety policies/guidelines, J&J Pollution Prevention Goals and regulatory requirements.
• Provide the first level of supervision in a manufacturing unit.
• Supervises in accordance with established policies and methods to meet production commitments.
• Assigns duties and actively assists, or provides direction to subordinates as required.
• Monitors work operations and employee performance.
• Responsible for compliance with all regulatory, corporate, and local policies.
• Responsible for the safety of shift members.
• Works under general supervision, with responsibility to make decisions to meet operational objectives.
• Erroneous decisions or recommendations or failure to get results may cause delays in program schedules and result in the allocation of additional resources.
• Ensure compliance of operation with internal policies and procedures. Drive timely resolution of non-conformance and product complaints and ensure systemic improvement of procedures, equipment, and processes.
• Ensure maximum associate efficiency and utilization through regular frequent updating of staffing models.
• Drive improvement of cross training and flexibility of all production associates. Lead associates in accordance with company policies and legal requirements.
• Work in team environment behaving in a CREDO based respectful manner.
• Comply with and enforce all regulatory requirements and company policies/procedures including but not limited to Quality System regulations (QSR’s), Environmental Health and Safety (EHS), and Standards of Behaviors.
• Utilize applicable software systems as needed for the job (e.g. MES, ComplianceWire, ADAPTIV, etc.).
• Support LEAN, Six Sigma and Manufacturing Equipment Excellence (ME2) including 6S and Operator Asset Care.
• Support Plant Diversity Process.
• Ensure safe working conditions and practices in the department.
• Participate in recruiting activities and support EEO/AAP and diversity initiatives so that people of color and women are included in employment and promotional opportunities.
• Consistently meet required Training due date targets.
• Provides training for new Associate Facilitators and Facilitators as required.
• Provides guidance/support for new Associate Facilitators and Facilitators as required.
• B.S. degree is required with a focus in technology, business, logistics or engineering is preferred.
• Previous manufacturing Facilitator/Supervisor experience is required.
• A minimum of 6 years of related experience is required.
• Experience with MS EXCEL, and other MS Office products is required.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal relation skills is required.
• Ability to support LEAN, Six Sigma and Manufacturing Equipment Excellence (ME2) including 6S and Operator Asset Care is required.
• Successful project management/leadership experience is preferred.
• Statistical and analytical problem solving skills is preferred.
• SAP, JDE, or other ERP experience is preferred.
• Utilize applicable software systems as needed for the job (e.g. MES, ComplianceWire, ADAPTIV, etc.) is preferred.
• Up to 10% of travel domestically is required.Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-SomervilleOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.