Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Under the supervision of the Associate Director at our research facility in South San Francisco, California, position will be responsible for providing technical and managerial support in the field of facilities maintenance and operations. Provides day-to-day oversight for assigned area which may include operations, and/or mechanical support of utilities including UPS and standby power, chilled water, supply and exhaust air, steam, purified laboratory water, refrigeration and specialty gases. Assigned tasks include support and monitoring of equipment performance and maintenance, propose & develop equipment and facility improvements and troubleshoot process equipment to ensure reliable, compliant and efficient operations. Actively ensures reliability, safety, environmental, and operating cost goals are achieved.
- Works with integrated facilities management including operations personnel and maintenance mechanics to maximize capacity and assure efficient, reliable equipment operation in accordance with safety and environmental regulations.
- Champions the preventive and predictive maintenance program, reviews equipment history for reliability concerns, performs root cause analysis, and identifies reliability improvement opportunities and applications for predictive maintenance technologies to reduce maintenance costs. Develops maintenance and repair strategy for annual shutdowns.
- Assists/leads Operations, maintenance supervisors, mechanics, and process in troubleshooting equipment problems as well as investigating system failure or malfunction.
- Serves as the project manager for small projects including scope development, design support, field execution and commissioning testing.
- Monitors energy consumption and recommends strategies for energy efficiency and greenhouse gas reduction projects.
- Identifies spare parts and stand-by equipment needed to assure maximum capacity and reliability.
- Supports maintenance scheduling and planning processes in area of responsibility.
- Supports positive safety culture and participates in HAZOP reviews and Safety inspections. Promotes open communications, inclusion and team work.
- Authors Standard Operating Procedures and job plans and assists in training development for mechanics and supervisors.
- Assists in the preparation of process studies, engineering standards, equipment utilization, and profit plan.
- Explains and enforces all safety and environmental regulations.
- Assist in audits, regulatory inspections and training in the area of responsibility.
- Oversees certified shipping and receiving personnel
- Oversees glass wash and hazardous materials management program
- Required: B.S. Facilities Management, Science, Engineering or relevant industry experience
- Proficient in the following competencies: empowering leadership, flexibility, motivation, teamwork/collaboration, problem-solving, communication, and computer skills
- Knowledge of basic safety standards including lock out/tag out, job hazard analysis, high risk work, hazardous materials management.
- Knowledge of biological research facilities
- Lean Six Sigma Methodology, Root Cause Analysis, Failure Mode Effects Analysis
- Knowledge in reliability engineering (including asset life cycle management)
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) SAP, 360 Facility preferred.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement