Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Fate and Metabolism Team of the Regulatory Environmental Sciences Team to support global regulatory approvals and product stewardship efforts for a global crop protection portfolio. This role will be responsible for studies that determine the metabolic fate and environmental fate and behavior of crop protection chemicals in soil, water, plants, and animals to support the registration of new products, expand the registered uses of current products, maintain existing registrations, and support the use of these products globally.
Twenty years from now, the earth's population will need 55% more food than it can produce now. Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to do something about it. In over 60 countries, Monsanto has established industry-leading products because we give professionals the freedom to make real decisions. Monsanto is an Employer of Choice with an outstanding professional development program and a history of building careers. Make an impact by joining the team that is working to solve one of mankind's greatest challenges.
• Conduct/manage major regulatory studies such as plant metabolism, soil metabolism (aerobic and anaerobic), animal metabolism (livestock and rat), and various other regulatory studies
• Provide technical resources and expertise to groups within Monsanto including global teams that manage regulatory and product stewardship needs for crop protection and biotechnology products
• Manage studies to support global product development and stewardship programs that may involve the isolation and purification of radiolabeled trace metabolites from biological matrices in order to quantify, characterize and identify pesticide metabolites and environmental degradates
• Provide technical support for global stewardship and sustainability initiatives
• Participate in various industry task forces and work groups, and interact with the scientific community through attendance at meetings and conferences and publication in peer-reviewed scientific literature
Required Education and Skills/Experience:
• Minimum of a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, or closely related field - OR - Masters with at least 5 years experience -OR- Bachelor's with at least 8 years experience
• Broad range of experience and knowledge in biochemical pathways and metabolic transformation
• Working knowledge of analytical techniques with an emphasis on HPLC, NMR, mass spectrometry, and handling of radiolabeled materials
• Outstanding oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
Desired Education and Skills/Experience:
• Five or more years of relevant industry experience
• Previous experience in the crop protection/agriculture industry
• Working knowledge of worldwide regulatory processes and guidelines for crop protection chemicals
• Experience working under EPA and/or OECD Good Laboratory Practices regulations
• Ability to work effectively within a dynamic, cross-functional, multidisciplinary organization
• Track record of providing innovative solutions to challenging and complex analytical problems
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world's biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding, chemistry and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We're always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
• Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment
• Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
• You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization
• We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry
• Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world
Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.