What you will do
Manages a large, significant multi-faceted Electronic Security System (ESS) and technical security program. Responsible for formulating and enforcing work standards, assigning contractor schedules, reviewing work discrepancies, supervising contractor personnel and communicating policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to subordinates. This role shall be responsible for the overall contract performance and, as such, will establish and maintain procedures and controls to ensure that projects are completed in accordance with agreed to standards and time limits specified in the Orders. Maintain client contacts to ensure conformity to all contractual obligations. Ensure the development, maintenance, and implementation of Orders and required management plans.
This program consists of multiple projects to locate, design, install, test, and integrate complex systems and facilities. These facilities and/or systems may be located at numerous sites throughout the client's regions and centers. The work efforts expended on these facilities and/or systems are to bring them to a point where they are ready for full acceptance.
Location: FEMA Headquarters, Washington D.C.
Benefits: Eligible for health and retirement benefits on first day of employment
Vacation: Eligible for 3 weeks of paid vacation per calendar year
How you will do it
1. Acts as the primary on-site leader for execution teams on assigned projects. Develops project schedules and executes according to plan for assigned projects.
2. Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and / or scheduling changes. Actively pursues additional work through change orders. Performs associated cost estimates, prepares proposals and negotiates final settlement price and customer acceptance.
3. Manages costs, billings and collections. Completes project billings in a timely and accurate format to the client. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow.
4. When equipment is included in project, work with Project Engineer to manage cost, billings and collections.
5. Reviews and interprets contract Terms and Conditions.
6. Analyzes financial reporting systems and project schedules to proactively address potential problems. Effectively communicates project progress, issues and financial status to management as required.
7. Manages risks and establishes project recovery plans when required. Resolves disputes with minimal need for escalation.
8. Negotiates, prepares and issues subcontracts.
9. Ensures project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements and JCI standards.
10. Oversees project construction for compliance with specifications, local codes and installation techniques.
11. Manages the selection, ordering, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
12. Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with customers, consultants, prime contractors and subcontractors. Attends job progress meetings as required. Ensures subcontractors understand expectations of the project.
13. Coordinates with the Regional Installation Manager and / or Systems Team Leader for allocation of resources needed to meet project objectives. Ensures any engineering and commissioning performed by the field team is in accordance with established standards. Facilitates escalation of product related problems.
14. Assists Branch Manager and / or sales in project development efforts.
15. Coordinates customer-training requirements.
What we look for
1. Bachelor's degree in Construction, Engineering, Construction Project Management, Architecture, Security Management, Business or a related field, or an Associate's Degree with equivalent work related experience and minimum of eight years of direct project management experience in the Building Construction Industry, or equivalent experience.
2. Able to execute projects of higher project and contract complexity
3. Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
4. The ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience.
5. Able to travel if needed. This will vary on project assignment.
6. Active Department of Defense (DoD) Top Secret clearance
7. Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office (excel, word, powerpoint), Adobe Writer, Visio and basic Windows environment.
1. Ten (10) or more years general experience in the physical and technical security fields with five (5) or more years of management experience with projects related to Electronic Security Systems (ESS) .
2. Mechanical or Electrical engineering background and experience.
3. Experience supporting Federal Government projects
4. Experience in dealing with a large and diverse number of simultaneous challenges, requiring knowledge of many different disciplines.
5. Proficient in Project Management software and financial accounting systems.
6. Five (5) or more years of experience managing large ($1M or greater) government service contracts nationwide.
7. Management of projects that include design, installation, testing, servicing, and integration of complex systems and subsystems.
8. Working knowledge of Federal government contracting regulatory and compliance topics.
9. Travel may be required in support of program.
10. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
11. Physical Security Professional (PSP) and Certified Security Project Manager (CSPM) certifications.
12. Experience working with Softwarehouse Ccure 9000, DMP, and Bosch BVMS systems.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.