Power Power Generation Services
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Senior Field Engineer
Field Services and Maintenance
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Senior Field Engineer will provide direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives on General Electric steam and gas turbine power generation equipment. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning at customer power generating facilities
In addition, you will:
* Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation
* Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment
* Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites
* Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability
* Perform administrative functions such as: writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
* Provide leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
* Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
* Knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage
* Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or univeristy (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a Field Services role)
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in a field services or maintenance positionELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability and willingness to possess a valid driver's license and US Passport
* Ability and willingness to travel 75% of the time, as required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited College or University
* Experience and training on Alstom, Siemans or other OEM equipment
* Extensive Field Engineering Services experience is required
* Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
* Strong customer service mindset
* Field engineering experience
* Strong organizational skills
* Project management experience
* Strong project management skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Strong business acumen and ability to sell GE products to the customer
At GE, we are always searching for great talent. While we might not have a specific job for you today, we want to know about you when we do. As actual openings become available, you may be contacted to discuss a potential opportunity.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.